1987 Bass Tracker TX-17 Restoration

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mavericktx

Reaction score
Hello all. New to the forum as this is my first post. Really enjoying reading threads so far. I have a 1987 Bass Tracker TX-17 that was my aunts that I grew up in, learned to fish in, learned the lake, learned everything and I am finally getting around to restoring it this winter in time for spring white bass spawn. I will post pictures of my progress and may have some questions along the way as this will be the first restoration I am doing. Hope you all enjoy the journey!

Attachments

• IMG_2294.JPG
    IMG_2294.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,572
  • IMG_2293.JPG
    IMG_2293.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,572
  • IMG_2295.JPG
    IMG_2295.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,572
  • IMG_2296.JPG
    IMG_2296.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 1,572
  • IMG_2298.JPG
    IMG_2298.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,572
I am going to remove all of the decking and carpet and foam. Replace foam and decking, then spray in rhino liner.

Then next will be electrical, ending with mechanical getting the engine back running.

Finally will be welding new fenders on trailer and replacing wheels and tires.

I have the next three weeks off so will be working on it non-stop.

I have made some progress on the restoration. I have removed all of the carpet, wood, and foam from the deck and the floor. Sheared off all of the old bolts and screws and began preparing to prep so that I can take it to get spray in bedliner next week. Tomorrow I am putting new 2" thick foam from Lowes into the floor, and replacing plywood in floor and front deck. I replaced all trailer lights and bought two new galvanized trailer wheels. New winch, new winch bracket I made, new tongue hitch latch, and ordered a lot of accessories for post bedliner. Have also begun work on motor, new spark plugs, new impeller, replaced lower unit gear oil, new battery, and new switch panel. Looking forward to spring bass!

Attachments

• IMG_2343.JPG
    IMG_2343.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,329
  • IMG_2339.JPG
    IMG_2339.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,329
Good luck. Excited to see the progress. I have the same boat but just a couple years older 1985 Bass Tracker TX-17. Keep us posted with pictures!

Latest posts