1986 TRACKER GUIDE V16 RESTORATION

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyo3629

Reaction score
1986 TRACKER GUIDE V16 RESTORATION.
REPLACED ALL WOOD, POLY'D ALL THE BOTTOM SURFACES AND APPLIED GRIZZLY GRIP TO TOP SIDES.
ADDED TUBE ROD HOLDER IN SIDE BOX AND BATTERY BOX IN THE OLD LIVEWELL. REPAINTED INSIDE OF BOAT..(OUTSIDE NEXT YEAR)!
IT'S A WORK IN PROGRESS.boat 004.JPG[/attachment]11-13-2016 321.JPG12-01-2016 025.JPG12-01-2016 029.JPG12-01-2016 001.JPG12-24-16 025.JPG
ALSO A COUPLE PICS OF THE ORIGINAL REDO, 6 YEARS AGO.BOAT FLOOR MATS 003.jpgBOAT FLOOR MATS 004.jpg

Attachments

• boat 001.JPG
    boat 001.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,314
  • 11-13-2016 319.JPG
    11-13-2016 319.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,314
I'm interested in this, I'm working on a boat now and plan to sell it for enough to buy 80's or early 90's tracker, strip it down and rebuild it

water bouy said:
That's my kinda boat. Was it redone once before? What kind of motor.
it was in pretty bad shape when i got it, but the hull is solid. no missing or leaking rivets.i redid it once with the red carpet about 6 years ago. used cheap carpet and treated wood--(a no-no). just decided to do it right with no carpet, and add some modifications that i saw ,mostly on this forum. it came with a old 30hp motor of some kind that didnt run. i'll tinker with it someday. been using an old 6hp mercury for the last 5 years, til it croaked. gonna get a new 20hp Tohatsu 4-stroke come spring.tired of messing with 2-strokes.

how's your Monark coming along? interested to see some pics of the progress.

Looks really good so far.

I can't decide if I should make an aisle through the middle bench with storage on each side. Next week it's getting an electric start 25hp XD I'm really looking forward to. The seller/mechanic said he used to take the benches out of all of his jon boats. lol

water bouy said:
Looks really good so far.

I can't decide if I should make an aisle through the middle bench with storage on each side. Next week it's getting an electric start 25hp XD I'm really looking forward to. The seller/mechanic said he used to take the benches out of all of his jon boats. lol

i've heard of guys doing that.cant have enough storage. is the bench full of foam? if have to remove it for the storage boxes, you won't lose that much flotation, especially if there's some in the front and rear. shouldn't have re-brace if you're just removing the center section of the bench. i like wide open floors.

i found your post.....looks nice

Latest posts