My build and appreciation to you all.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a very successful fisherman from the bank in my secret spots. But over the years people have moved in on my honey holes. Esp since I bought 5 Berkley Glowsticks, I made myself a beacon of light for people to see where I am at night. I've always wanted a boat, but I'm a poor boy.

Every one of you in the first 20 pages of this site have contributed to some of this build, and a few tweaks of my own. Its still a work in progress that should be finished in about 6 weeks. I cant get my motor till tax return time, and I need some more paychecks.

Here we go. I bought an Alumicraft 12x32 from Academy for $619.00 + tax. I hand picked it, no scratches or dents "Lucky"

I started out with $175.00 in materials.
I'll Host 2 persons under 200 lbs
1 LiveWell / Split Bait well in one compartment
My Capt seat, will be a raised Mod for tackle storage.
I'll buy a 9.9 Merc 15 depth
55 Thrust Bow Mount Trolly
Twin front storage
A raised front bar to host a 20 inch led/flood lighting system.
10 Deck Mounted Pole Holders..I'm a Cat man

Please be as critical as you can if I'm missing something, or did not reinforce correctly. Nothing on this boat has placed holes in the boat itself. I designed it so that every part reinforces the next part, and it can all be removed without screw removal.

Incoming Pics

This is my Capt. seat. 12' swivel post for rotation, and a raised profile deck for storage under. Nothing has been removed from this boat. No benches, no foam. Everything is interlocking.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,701
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,701
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,701
A rough cut out and again using a little materials as possible, and attempting structure strength.
In the middle behind the storage, I will host a 12" swivel chair for casting if I ever decide I want to crappie or bass fish.

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,699
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 1,699
Rough cuts of the bait/ live well section that's placed behind the center post seat.

I will used aerosol Great stuff foam to seal in the pinch points, and large gaps. I will have a pond liner purchased from Lowes or Home Depot to line the inside.

I will use an 800 gph bilge pump with a pvc bar across the entire section.

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,696
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,696
Careful with weight on the little bugger. If it's got a 4 stroke on it, be cautious. I've owned a few 1232 boats, and the stability on them isn't great. You'll get your boat feet after a while but be sure to wear a pfd and play it smart until you're very comfortable. Also, do you intend to seal the wood?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Casting Deck, post carpet, and not hinged for fitment.
A full carpet and installed floor board.

Attachments

• 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,690
Full assembly everything in place, and hinges installed.

I will post more pictures in 2 weeks after I get paid again with seats, and some more goodies. Right now I'm broke. So many more things I want to do.

Any one have any advice on some extras I may be overlooking?

Attachments

• 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,689
derekdiruz said:
Careful with weight on the little bugger. If it's got a 4 stroke on it, be cautious. I've owned a few 1232 boats, and the stability on them isn't great. You'll get your boat feet after a while but be sure to wear a pfd and play it smart until you're very comfortable. Also, do you intend to seal the wood?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

All the wood is double Thompsons sealed. The extra added weight is roughly 120 pounds. I primarily fish alone, and will never be in rough water "intended that is" The goal really is point A to point B. Where I'm at is Lake Texoma, and the Red river in North Texas. The Corps has the entire lake Land Locked., and gated off. Bank fishing spots are not available unless you Boat Dock/slip, Own private land, or walk 2 miles.

I really intend on working my way up the river to get out of it and go right back to BANK fishing lol. Odd eh. But the places I want to get a boat is the only way.

And oh yeah, this noob will have his life jacket on during every trip. Thanks for the response.

Latest posts