2072 SeaArk mods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dearl

Reaction score
Haven't been on here in a while, had a ton of boats come through the shop early fall, got real busy, kinda slowed down alittle, Only have 3 boats outside the shop LOL! Thought I'd post one of the bigger Jobs I'm working with now.

Customer brought me a 20/72 SeaArk with 115 Yamaha 4 stroke, wants new Float Pods installed, custom livewell, center console relocated to the front deck, 24 volt trolling motor added with custom mount, re-wire the entire boat, new led interior lighting, new pumps, new rigging, new onboard charger, the works. Been working on it steady since New years, hope to be completed by the 21st of January. This guy spared no expense, I like customers that know what they want.

Center Console removed...
IMG_0198.JPG

Console sitting on the front deck for height measurements...
IMG_0200.JPG

SeaArk Pods installed...
IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

Batterys mounted in forward hatch for 24 volt trolling motor...
IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

Monster Live well with additional bracing...(yep that's me standing in the hole)
IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

dearl, question please.
Iam putting a hydraulic jack plate on a PT 175 TX. And wondering if float pods would have a advantage or not on this style hull. I would love to get this hull to run more flat. The river fish some is quite shallow. But the lakes i fish are not. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatorglenn said:
dearl, question please.
Iam putting a hydraulic jack plate on a PT 175 TX. And wondering if float pods would have a advantage or not on this style hull. I would love to get this hull to run more flat. The river fish some is quite shallow. But the lakes i fish are not. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Glenn,

I cubic ft. of air will displace 62 lbs. This means 2 float pods equaling 2 cubic ft. will displace 124 lbs. I have installed pods on a Jon that equaled 4 cu. ft. and the 24' boat only drafted 3 inches, but it was 72'' wide on the bottom. Pods work the best when working with a wider hull, the boat and pods work together, with a 50" or 60" bottom, your asking the pods to do a lot of work. To make a long story short, yes it will help your hull draft less, BUT with pods its always a trade off, by that I mean you will loose something In the long run. I have installed many pods and 2 things have happened, either the boat lost top end speed, or the fuel mileage sucked. If your goal is to be able to run WOT in shallow water I would be careful, the Tx 175 hull is not designed for that, but if you just idle or use the trolling motor in shallow water, they will help. If I set up a boat for shallow water use usually it is a Jon boat, and I always move as much weight as I can to the front to equal the load so the pods work with the hull instead of doing all the work for the hull.

Thanks, Same thoughts. Wondering if you have ever done pods on a hull like mine, and what out come was. I can draft about 12" now. 8"-6" would be great. But I really am not wanting to sacrifice the boat ability in the lakes. So guess I'll just stick to getting a MVX hull. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slowly but surely she's coming together. Got the LED side lights and live well lighting mounted and wired, live well mounted permanently, all the rigging wires and control cables pulled, going to try and get the console mounted tonight.

Green Led's
IMG_0265.JPG

Live well lighting
IMG_0266.JPG

Shot from the front
IMG_0267.JPG

New rigging
IMG_0280.JPG

Consoles mounted, new 12v fuse block is in and hot. Had to put a couple of braces in the live well to support the new lid and hatch. The PO had cut access panels In the old bench and screwed it up. I opt to lay In a new .125 bench lid over the live well. New 3 bank on board charger arrived, going to get it installed tonight hopefully. Still have the live well plumbing to do and finalize the wiring but she's coming together. All goes well and the rest of the material comes In this week, next post will be from the water on a test run.

80 gallon live well bracing
IMG_0291.JPG

Console mounted with battery storage
IMG_0289.JPG

New 12 volt fuse block
IMG_0306.JPG

24 volt trolling motor batteries inside
IMG_0290.JPG

new 3 bank onboard charger
IMG_0294.JPG

Some outside shots
IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

Finished up the Big SeaArk last week, every thing is wired, new pumps and plumbing, all fittings bedded in 5200, no leaks. Water tested the boat yesterday. Boat did not loose any top end speed and the waterline came up almost 4" for a big boat this thing rides great and handles good. The pods and weight distribution worked out perfect. The owner was super happy with the finished product. He's taking it to have the entire boat floor sprayed with bed liner and some touch up paint. Boats are starting to come in, starting a complete rebuild on a Roughneck jet boat this week, look for a new thread.

Live well recirculation...
IMG_0312.JPG

Livewell fill and drain....
IMG_0313.JPG

Bilge pump and piping...
IMG_0315.JPG

New fuse block and switch panel....
IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

Through hull fittings....
IMG_0316.JPG

Water shots.....