ideal tunnel/ outboard height.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czuniga

Reaction score
Hello,

have a aluminum jon boat ( 2072 ) recently installed tunnel. I installed an cmc jackplate and cavitation plate. Aligned cavitation plate to about 1.5 inches above tunnel. Tested it and I get a lot of water overboard while boat gets on plane. Once on plane problems goes away and cavitation plate is totally visible. Once I slow down and start coming off plane splash starts again. Does this mean I can raise my outboard some more. I m just afraid if i go any higher I might loose water pressure. It did not seem to cavitate of slip. Wondering of height on similar setups.

Attachments

• 20170326_134224.jpg
    20170326_134224.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 755
  • 20170326_134158.jpg
    20170326_134158.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 755
I take it it's a manual jackplate. Are you able to move it down any? I would think where you have it is perfect. I don't have a tunnel, bit mourned my jack plate so that when it's all the way down, the AV plate is dead even with the keel.

i read tha tis should be even with the top of the tunnel. Mine is 1.5 inches above and it is still creating a splash. im gonna try to move in up another inch or so and give it another run see how she does.

You will know when ya get to high....just make sure she is pumping water. If it has a good flow, when you turn will tell you if your high enough also.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Latest posts