WHO is the hunter and who is the HUNTED ??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lovedr79 said:
i may seriously have to do that this year during hunting season. i am on a deer management team where there are several of us assigned a "park" and some guys have their cameras out all season. i may have to add some zoo pictures, or sasquatch

Get a good picture of an elk or caribou and place it in there. When they see the rack on it they will pee their pants.

Barefoot_Johnny said:
LOL it is not a rant - it is the effen TRUTH !!!

Back in the early 70's when I-95 was being built, I remember stopping off
at Myrtle Beach to spend the night. Even back then, it was showing signs of
snatch n grab investors for greater things to come. Not necessarily GOOD
things, but never the less, it has happened.
Millions and Millions of people want to have the Attractions such as Disney World
and Six Flags, etc. But not in THEIR back yard ..... Same scenario with a city
dump - we want it, but just not in MY back yard.

Orlando Attractions are so over populated now that there has been a budget
approved to build Pedestrian Crossover bridges at several intersections because
tourists are actually being run over in the crosswalks by locals that should seek
mental help about the tourist industry.

whew - lol - anyway, it is what it is.

back to the CLOWNS across the road. They are serious sportsmen and have several
good quality game cameras. So next time I see them out in the field playing with their
new toys, I will just mozey over and off the cuff, ask if they have their game cameras up
to "catch the action" of anything being lured in by the decoy. ( ME for example ) LOL LOL

and, what is the "locator siren" ?

A locator siren is similar to your local tornado siren. Coyote hunters use it to locate where the coyotes are hanging out. Works in the country just like in the city, setting all the dogs off lol.

OK, the locator siren makes sense now. One of the barrier islands we camp on has coyotes. When a siren goes by on the mainland, we can often hear them making racket. It's a little un nerving to hear that and be out there camping, which is why I started carrying my pistol on trips out there. Never felt the need to do that before, I always felt safe out there..... until last year when we heard a pack of coyotes only about 100 yards from camp. That will put you on heightened alertness. :shock:

PSG-1 said:
One of the barrier islands we camp on has coyotes. When a siren goes by on the mainland, we can often hear them making racket. It's a little un nerving to hear that and be out there camping, which is why I started carrying my pistol on trips out there. Never felt the need to do that before, I always felt safe out there..... until last year when we heard a pack of coyotes only about 100 yards from camp. That will put you on heightened alertness. :shock:
Bah ... you don't need to pack a pistol for 4-legged predators ... 2-legged ones - YES - but not for coyotes!

:wink:

Speaking of sasquatch sightings, a few years ago my buddy and I were turkey hunting on my grandfathers property. I have a ghillie suit that I use while turkey hunting. Works great for turkey hunting. I pretty much disappear setup against a tree or in a bit of brush. But my buddy kept saying how much it makes me look like a sasquatch while walking through the woods. The morning was slow with no turkey action, so before we quite for the day he had me walk through some brush about 50 yards out and turn to "grunt" at him while he recorded it on his phone. Just a goofy video he wanted to send to some friends of his. He posted it on YouTube to share with his buddies and the hilariousness ensued. Several people have broken down the video to help prove that bigfoot exists. Many references to the bigfoot in the video (myself) as having "high shoulders", "sloped forehead", "OOF way outside human range", etc. We got a pretty big kick out of all the references to myself being a sasquatch. For the first few weeks/months after he put the video up my buddy was contacted by several "bigfoot reaserchers" who wanted permission to come investigate the private property where the bigfoot encounter occurred. He was even contacted by one of the bigfoot shows from the Discovery Channel (I don't remember which one) about possibly doing a show on it. He didn't respond to any of the inquiries. It's become a pretty big joke between a few of us now.

Now, he posted this just as a joke to share with his friends. He wasn't trying to fool or trick anyone into thinking he was being serious or gain anything from it. But it's funny how hardcore some these bigfoot researchers are. I guess if you really want to believe something, it isn't hard to see what you want to see.

Orignial video
[youtube]TFq6qwm-vIk[/youtube]

Breakdown video showing that I'm a real sasquatch :LOL2:
[youtube]rRuTczT3rC0[/youtube]

On a similar note, that reminds me of the late 1980's, when the Lizardman of Lee County was at the peak of its hype here in South Carolina. At that time, we lived in Cherry Grove Beach, on the marsh, but just a short walk to the beach.

A friend and me jumped in the marsh behind the house at low tide, and proceeded to coat ourselves from head to toe with pluff mud. And when I say from head to toe, I mean we also used it in our hairstyles. If I remember correctly, my friend 'spiked' his like a mohawk, while I opted for the 'slicked back' look.

So, we proceed down to the beach in the height of tourist season......a couple of local kids on their mission....off to terrorize the tourists, LOL

He told everyone he was the lizard man of Lee County, while I told them I was his cousin, the lizard man of Horry County (which includes Myrtle Beach and Cherry Grove)

We didn't terrorize any tourists that day, but we sure made a bunch of them laugh, smile and take pictures. I bet there's probably some people from some land-locked state somewhere that still have photos of a couple of 12 year old kids on the beach looking like a creature from the black lagoon, and smelling like a creature from the sewage lagoon (pluff mud has an odor for sure!)....and probably wondering whatever happened to those crazy locals in South Carolina. :mrgreen:

Latest posts