Pickling recipes wanted!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tasted the garlic its like licking redpepper almost. I don't like fresh garlic but dried is good. I figured with all the stuff I put in the jar you wouldn't notice it as much. Lol
Yea these where only a couple of days old. I put about a half of cup of salt in with them boiling and they still didnt peel. Plus the guy must be feeding oyster shell. I dropped one in the floor and it didn't bust just cracked it a little.
Wish I could find some pickled okra for sale. I've heard of it but never found any.
Wish I'd known it was really good I had a couple of rows last year. Could have done it myself.

Pickled Pike Recipe from F&S.

Sorry for the orientation.

Attachments

• Pickled Pike.jpg
    Pickled Pike.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 1,512
Ictalurus oh wow. Lol.
I don't no about that one. Sure looks good but pickled fish I don't no about.
Been wondering what veggies would taste good as I've never tried any. But they sure are pretty.

Jim, next time you are in the store, browse through the pickle/olive section and you will see
some stuff you never thought about trying. Some of my favorites are pickled okra, cherry peppers,
all kinds of pickled sweet/mild peppers. A jar of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, okra, baby corn, jalapeno peppers, etc.
In the summer, I eat a LOT of salads with all kinds of pickled stuff on the side.
In the past it was easier/cheaper to buy them off the shelf. Now that I am fully retired with a garden,
I think I can do my own now. But some of the items are just plain out hard to grow !!!!

I love kippered herring. IMO, it's better than sardines, (but twice the cost).
not too keen on "pickled fish". But I love them sardines and anchovies !!!
when I figure out how to do the smoked oysters in the can, WOW - that will be the bomb.

I had a bunch of cucumbers and made the standard refrigerator pickles with onion.. I also had a couple bunches of radishes and I thought to myself "Self, I wonder if you can do the same with radishes?" :shock:

Well of course you can!! And they were easy and fast, being ready to eat in 8 hours!!

What's weird is that the vinegar strips the red off the radishes, and turns everything pink.. Oh, and for some reason they get, um, rather pungent... But mine didn't last two days!! Vinegar, salt and a bit of sugar.. Oh, and I sliced an onion and tossed that in there too..

https://www.food.com/recipe/pickled-radishes-118828