What's in your boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curtdawg88

Reaction score
What things live in your boat that you consider necessities that aren't related to fishing or hunting such as tools, spare parts, etc.

Toilet paper!
Small Pillow/light blanket (I have been known to throw anchor and fall asleep in quiet spots!)
Small radio
Snacks
Drinks
Flops/crocks
Change of clothes
Binoculars
Bug spray/nets
Spark plug kit (with helicoil)
Two stroke oil
Spare kill switch clip
Spare transom plug
Tube of silicone (might be enough to get me back to opposite shore where the truck is if I develope a leak)
Gun tape
Foil tape
Assorted wrenches for engine bits
Boat stuff like bailers, whistle, etc.
Sea anchor
Water pump impeller
Small breakdown shovel
Assorted knives/hatchet
Spool of 550 cord.
Compass
Waterproof matches/lighter
Misc watertight Tupperware type bins (wallet/cell phone/keys/etc float and stay dry in these)
Assorted small bits I just can't remember....

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364835#p364835 said:
great white » Today, 11:32[/url]"]Toilet paper!
Small Pillow/light blanket (I have been known to throw anchor and fall asleep in quiet spots!)
Small radio
Snacks
Drinks
Flops/crocks
Change of clothes
Binoculars
Bug spray/nets
Two stroke oil
Spare kill switch clip
Spare transom plug
Tube of silicone (might be enough to get me back to opposite shore where the truck is if I develope a leak)
Gun tape
Foil tape
Sea anchor
Water pump impeller
Small breakdown shovel
Assorted knives/hatchet
Spool of 550 cord.
Compass
Misc watertight Tupperware type bins (wallet/cell phone/keys/etc float and stay dry in these)

All that in a 12 ft boat plus all your fishing gear! Holy Cow

I will add cigars for my boat.
Tim

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364857#p364857 said:
earl60446 » Yesterday, 16:19[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364835#p364835 said:
great white » Today, 11:32[/url]"]Toilet paper!
Small radio
Snacks
Drinks
Flops/crocks
Change of clothes
Binoculars
Bug spray/nets
Two stroke oil
Spare kill switch clipp
Spare transom plug
Gun tape
Foil tape
Sea anchor
Water pump impeller
Small breakdown shovel
Assorted knives/hatchet
Spool of 550 cord.
Compass

All that in a 12 ft boat plus all your fishing gear! Holy Cow

I will add cigars for my boat.
Tim

Yep, its all small and light cheap stuff. Most of it is in the smaller compartment up in the bows where the battery would go for my night trips.

My fishing gear usually consists of one or two cheap rods, a single small tackle box, an old humminbird 100 wide portable and maybe a net. I usually just toss a line for trout and end up just napping in some quiet cove or eddy. I have been known to throw a line with nothing but a bobber and a sinker on it for appearances sake and take a nap...:)

In case you haven't guessed, I'm not really a serious fisher. I just like to tool around in the boat and fishing is a good excuse in fresh water. When I do fish, its catch and release. Salt water I use it to cross the harbour or head down the coastline to the next harbour for coffee or something from the store.

This is the harbour at the cottage:

IMG_0233.jpg

Low tide exposes the clam digging flats on the other side. We tool over when we feel like a big boil for supper. :)

The radio is vhf/FM tx/rx so I can listen to the local station, listen to the weather broadcasts and call out if I get in trouble on the coast guard band.

Guess the fire ex I carry would also count.

I will add the first aid kit as mentioned above. Need Band-Aids and Tylenol...lol

Thanks for the replies. I am working on "stocking" my boat for duck season and needed the ideas. I can come up with a million things to carry but space and weight are at a premium.

Greatwhite that place looks amazing. I would love to be able to ride my boat to get coffee like you talk about.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364915#p364915 said:
curtdawg88 » Today, 14:03[/url]"]Thanks for the replies. I am working on "stocking" my boat for duck season and needed the ideas. I can come up with a million things to carry but space and weight are at a premium.

Greatwhite that place looks amazing. I would love to be able to ride my boat to get coffee like you talk about.

Yup, out the mouth and about 5-7 miles up the shoreline is another harbour with a general store you can buy assorted goods and fuel. They sell coffee and have a little spot on the warf you can take your coffee to and have a sit. Nice way to start a morning off if you're planning to jig the flats.

Then its top off the fuel and out you go.

Not too far in a 12 foot tinny though!

:)

I always always have an extra plug... and I keep an extra extra in my tackle kit... multi bit screw driver, pliers, wire stripper/crimper, wire nuts, electrical tape, sharp knife (besides the one I always carry)...2-3 hose clamps, extra anchor, extra rope for anchor or towing...

I like to keep a dry box with toilet paper in a ziplock bag, lighter/matches, space blanket, gorilla tape(way better than duct tape), ziplock bag with fire starter dryer lint....

I never ever ever go out with out some kind of food or drink.. even if I'm only going on an evening 1-2 hour trip..., I fish marsh/swamp... if break down, spending the night is the norm...

mosquito spray, extra mosquito spray, avon skin so soft for marsh knats, sunscreen, extra sunscreen, extra sunglasses...

forgot-- extra outboard prop.. it's just a beat up aluminum prop but it'll get me home if need.. extra prop nut, crescent wrench, extra trolling motor prop, nut, washer, and pin..

Latest posts