New Member, Looking for Info Aluminum Goods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swinada

Reaction score
Hi i'm on the search for some info on a boat I received in a trade.
The boat was made by "Aluminum Goods" model 1432
P1050193.JPG

June2010%20032.JPG

I received this Info regarding the company
DETAILS FOR MANUFACTURER IDENTIFICATION CODE ZAG

MIC: ZAG Status: Out of Business
Company: ALUMINUM GOODS Company Official:
Parent Company: PRODUITS NAUT. ALCAN Parent MIC:
Address: 725 ST-HENRI City: PRINCEVILLE
State: QC Zip: G0P1E0
Fax: In Business: Wednesday, January 01, 1975
Out of Business: Friday, October 31, 1986 Date Modified: Monday, October 03, 1994
Type: Outboards, Open Motorboats, Jon Boats
Inboards, Cabin Cruisers

Additional Address:
Comments: 081287-158 STERLING RD. TORONTO ONTARIO SEE MIC (ZZA).

Does someone on here maybe have some more info like maybe original paper flyer or manual they could scan for me. or info on what options where available. How to determine the actual year. (I assume it is a 1976 since that is what the number on the Evinrude points to)

and what would be the easiest to get the blue paint off i dont think that was original in blue or how do i get the blue nice and shiny again. its pretty faded. Can you use turtle wax on Boats? I'm new to aluminum boats and outboards.

That's a sweet boat. I don't know anything about it but I am picking up a similar one this weekend. Can't wait to get started on it. Maybe rubbing compound would shine it up again.

I found this on a quick internet search.

Aluminum Goods Manufacturing Company made cooking and other utensils out of aluminum. In 1957, the company changed its name the Mirro Aluminum Company. The Company started producing aluminum boats in 1956. The brand name they chose was called Mirrocraft. Mirro first decided to produce aluminum boats because of its production capability to roll aluminum sheet from ingot metal. Mirro Aluminum Company�s primary business was the production of aluminum cookware.

In 1982, former employees of Mirro Aluminum purchased the aluminum boat business from Mirro and relocated the operation from Manitowoc, WI to Gillett, WI. From this purchase the new company name became Northport Incorporated. Northport decided to keep the commitment of quality boat building alive and still produces the Mirrocraft brand today.

Does that mean the only year that they produced boats under the name "Aluminum Goods" was 1956? So that would make your boat a real treasure.

Latest posts