New to TB, thought i'd share my first conversion...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMBDave

Reaction score
So my first conversion was not a aluminum, actually to be honest with u, ive never converted an aluminum boat ever. The boat that i decided to convert first was a 10' Fiberglass Livingston. When i first got it it was pretty rough, but but it floated. I got it for $150! Im sure most of u know what a livingston is, but in case u dont, it is a dual hull fiberglass dinghy with a bench straight up the middle of it, they are incredibly stable on the water, like a rock. The main drawback to this boat is its weight, its pretty stinkin heavy, completely dry with none of the decking that i added, it was close to 200lbs...now im guessing it weighs close to 300lbs ughhh. I tow it on a small flatbed trailer, the kind u get from harbor freight, it does the trick.

I used this boat for one whole year of fishing and it was very trusty and dependable, i love this boat. Here it is.

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

Im currently working on converting a 12' tri hull Columbian, has anybody ever converted one of those before? if u have or know somebody who has, can u send me the link to their thread, thanks!

here's my 12' Columbian

IMG_0453.jpg

LMBDave, I was wondering if you were going to post on this site. I’ve seen your Livingston on the Washingtonlakes.com forum. Even though it’s not a tin, that boat is really cool. In the Puget Sound area you can find those Livingston/Sorenson boats a dime a dozen. I live up in Everett and often thought about making an electric only boat like you’ve got. Keep posting pics of the new conversion.

Jim said:
Nice job man! No worries because it is not a Tin. :beer:

Now lets see some fish pics! :D

Ok, u got it, here u go!
Last summer's fishing pictures

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17457

Latest posts