Gorilla Glue

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defiant

Reaction score
Hey all I ask about some way to mount a transducer the other day .I got to thinking and came up with a solution I thought would work so I called Gorilla Glue and ask them if there glue was submersible and she said that it was made for the Boat industry at first then they marketed it for other uses and that it was fully submersible and 100% waterproof just give it 24 hours to fully cure.

So with that I cut a piece of 3/4 board (Yellow Pine) and put the Gorilla Glue to it stuck it on the transom and taped it .Well today I tried to get it off LOL yea right that board is not coming off there unless it either rot's off or is beaten off with a sledge hammer that is some great Glue I have used it before on other stuff but had no Idea it would hold that little board on there that good .

Nope just stuck it on there gonna paint it same color as boat the back is sealed with the glue so just the front need's painting .Also if you do use Gorilla Glue dont go over board with it it foam's up and spreads farther then you think it will like the bottle say's use less then you think you need .

Nope haven't tried the tape yet but if it's anything like there Glue duct tape better watch out :p

LOL me neither :lol: Might be able to get it off with a BFH and a wonder bar :wink:

Latest posts