Mid 90's Bass Tracker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooter brown

Reaction score
I have a good buy on a mid 90's 16' bass tracker. Does anyone know if the decks are made of aluminum or wood? I have searched and it seems to be a crap shoot. This boat will be used in saltwater, so I thought about removing the carpet and putting bedliner or seadek on it. Anyone have any info? Thanks- Eric

njTom said:
I have a 2000 tracker Pro 165 and my decks are a marine grade ply wood and the framing is aluminum.

My 1996 Tracker Targa is a combination, but the decks are marine grade ply, as well.

NJ Tom, where in NJ are you? I'm in Bergen Cty.

ober51 said:
njTom said:
I have a 2000 tracker Pro 165 and my decks are a marine grade ply wood and the framing is aluminum.

My 1996 Tracker Targa is a combination, but the decks are marine grade ply, as well.

ober51
I'm in Atlantic County (mays landing area)

Just like the others said, its plywood decking over aluminum bracing.

If the boat is older, there is a good chance the plywood is rotted, wet, or both .... which means it weighs a ton. Its pretty easy to tear up the wood. This is what you'll find. Putting down new wood, or even sheet aluminum is pretty easy too.

IMG_1576.jpg

Thanks again for the help. I took the boat out for a test run today. Some issues with the motor but got it dialed in. A friend owns the boat so he was fine with me taking it out. I was able to seal the deal and decided to buy the boat. The previous owner had cut up the aluminum supports to the front deck. It's a long story but has to do with trying to build a bowfishing deck up front. This misfortune did help me get the boat for a fair price. Here is a pic of the boat and a pic where you can see where the front deck supports have been cut. More to come.......

BT_6.jpg

BT-4.jpg

njTom said:
ober51 said:
njTom said:

ober51
I'm in Atlantic County (mays landing area)

I'm completely north in Bergen County, near the GW bridge.

Latest posts