Coleman Crawdad 12ft Jon Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topgun15v

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I just got home from buying a 12ft Coleman Crawdad from the original owner back in 1995. It is the older body style and green in color. It has a 41in beam, and rated for up to a 5hp motor. I have a 1989 4hp Johnson 2stroke that I am looking to put on the back, and the guy who sold me the boat gave me a 41lb thrust Bill Dance trolling motor! I got the boat and trolling motor for $200 and have to pay another $71.50 to register and title it in Texas. The motor I got for $120 and $32 to register and title it in Texas. So for around $400 I got a pretty nice rig I think. I use a bed extender for my 4x4 Tacoma. Once I learn to take pics and post I will post some (i tried for the motor), because I am going to be fixing her up! Let me know what you guys think. I have done a lot of research and it seems that a deck for the floor is best on a boat this small and narrow. It currently has 2 padded seats that swivel. It will mainly just be my wife and I fishing, and maybe me and the dogs so I don't need anything to crazy.

My plan was to deck the rear to hid the gas tank and life jackets. I also want to build a little area in the front for the trolling motor and battery to hide. It currently has some hard plastic pieces which say "do not stand"... lol.

I have a kid on the way in February, so this will be my last boat for a while, due to money and time, but let me know what you think. I am open to any suggestions, and seeing the stuff on this website, it looks like there are plenty of professionals out there. Thanks, Ryan

Attachments

• 4hp.jpg
    4hp.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 3,904
Great little boat for super calm small waters. Your idea is perfect and I have seen it done many times before. They dont make those old crawdads like they used to....nice and simple.

Thanks guys. Ok, below are the pics. Let me know what you think. After it being light out now, I never even noticed, but it looks like the previous owner already carpeted the decks and built some! They feel pretty soft though, so I may try and remove/fix to my liking. Plus the boat is very heavy, since I don't have a trailer it makes it hard to lift by myself... Feels about 200lbs.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    388.9 KB · Views: 3,772
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 3,772
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 3,772
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG