Reinforcing from Removing Bench Seat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

23mako

Reaction score
Hello,

I have gained tons a great info from this awesome site. I am in the process of putting together my project and have one major question that I can't completely clarify from looking at older posts.

I want to remove the bench seat from my boat. I understand that I will want to reinforce the middle of the boat so that it is sound from a structural stand point. I see that most people use some sort of aluminum pieces and rivet them to the supports that are already in the boat.

Could any of you show me how the aluminum pieces are riveted to the already existing supports in the boat? Any help would be awesome.

Thank you

My boat originally had a completely open floor with no benches. The mfg used braces to tie the sides to the floor. When I got the boat, most of the screws had either rusted away, vibrated out, or torn through the edges of the braces. After cleaning the boat up, I replaced the braces in the same position but I used rivets instead of screws. I'm not sure if this is the type bracing you're wanting to see but here is what they look like.

9010169b.jpg

That definitely helps thank you. I was looking to also see how people install new supports after they have removed something like a middle bench seat. Can anyone give some clarity in this arena?

Latest posts