Having a hard time finding a part

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysavioreigns

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a rubber flanged bushing for my leaf springs on my jon boat trailer. This is what trailerpartdepot.com offers, but I don't want to pay $10 in shipping for 8 bushings - that's ludicrous.

PE182.GIF

This is nylon, not rubber, but it would do. It's not long enough, and I'd really prefer to buy it local somewhere (and avoid shipping) and have somewhere close by I can get replacements quickly.

The size is 1/2 ID x 7/8 OD x 1-1/16 Overall Length, with the flange thickness 3/16" thick.

I'm located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and have checked all the places you'd expect, but no one has them... :(

Any ideas?

You try a place that make leaf springs like a spring mender or some place like that of call this guy he will have it tel:321-636-5111 I think it is only a buck a bushing from here and he ships cheap

I'd pay the $10 and be done with it. If they have exactly what you need then that is the way to go, you will save yourself a lot of time and heartache. By the time you drive here and there trying to match up something you will have spent a lot of time, not to mention fuel at $3.50 a gal. and time is something I never seem to have quite enough of. So, although $10 does seem a bit high when a $4.75 "if it fits, it ships" box from USPS would probably do the trick, it is still probably the cheapest way to go.

See if you can locate a RENTZ Trailer rental in your area, they also repair them.
Any good trailer repair business should stock spring bushings....Jerry

m casey stock said:
I'd pay the $10 and be done with it.

Normally I would (after this many weeks of searching) but even the bushings they have don't necessarily fit. They're off on the length and the OD is off a little, but it's one of those things where I could make it work if I had to.

I did just have some luck calling an axle & spring shop in Ft. Worth. He said I'm more than welcome to come out and check out the thousands of bushings they have to find one that fits, and then I can buy whatever I need. When describing it, he said it sounded like they would have it. =D>

So we'll see...

this will get you close and a few minutes machine work you got it...And if the bushing you want goes in either side of spring .you may be able to just slide it in as is..Worth a look https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bushings-for-Boat-Trailer-Leaf-Springs-SB2-1-2-Inside-Diameter-BULK-/181128339680?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2c1720e0&vxp=mtr cva34

cva34 said:
this will get you close and a few minutes machine work you got it...And if the bushing you want goes in either side of spring .you may be able to just slide it in as is..Worth a look https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bushings-for-Boat-Trailer-Leaf-Springs-SB2-1-2-Inside-Diameter-BULK-/181128339680?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2c1720e0&vxp=mtr cva34
t

This is the same guys number I post above.

Just an update, I got the bushings I needed from the Spring repair shop in Ft. Worth. Had 12 bushings in a matter of 5 minutes, and didn't set me back much. Test-fit them in the springs and everything lines up.

Thanks again everyone for the tips and suggestions!

Latest posts