How much weight do you normally have in your boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyGoat

Reaction score
On a normal day how much weight do you have in your boat and the size of your boat? This includes outboard, TM, people, gear, decking, batteries etc.

In my 14' deep v I have somewhere around 700-750 lbs on/in the boat on a normal day but quite a bit more on the rare occasion that my fat friend is with me. I want to add another battery but I'm concerned about weight.

ha, nothing wrong with getting your fat buddy out of the house.

I have been thinking about this myself, I plan to weigh everything to have and idea where I am at.

My boat when I started (all in lbs):

Motor: 80
6 gal fuel:42
Me(fluctuates occasionaly):250
Tackle:20
Bait including water:16

That is 408 lbs, really easy to get up to that hull rating. Now add a trolling motor, battery and your fat friend that could be another 400 lbs. I'd be hitting over 800lbs, on a boat that is rated for less than 600.

My hull is rated at 825 lbs so Im under that on a normal day. Most of the time when I fish with the fat friend (I'm not exactly skinny myself) we use his much larger and nicer boat.

I try to stay under 550 lbs less air breathers in my Seadoo boat. I actually lost about 100 lbs just stripping the wood out of the front deck and transom when I did the I/B jet conversion. Alumacraft said my 1448MV weighed 480 lbs stock.

One 10 lb anchor, one 80lb industrial battery, 9 gallon fuel tank, maybe 15 lbs of tackle and tools. 55lb trolling motor is pretty light. If I run solo my front end wants to lift at speed. With the kid it's not so bad.

my 14.5 v hull weighs in around 850 loaded out with 2 people. its nowhere near the fasted tin on the pond,but its not built for speed,its built for comfort.if i wanted fast i'd have bought a 30 horse,not a 15 2 stroke.i gotta say its really stable with the weight it carries.

You really got me thinking so I actually pulled out a piece of paper amd starting making a list of everything on board my 1648 mod v. With me and my friend at 220lbs each plus 25hp motor and all the batteries and gear we are right around 1000 lbs. I occasionally have another 200 plus pound person and once had four people all over 200lbs on my boat. The alumacraft handles it well.

I have a 57 Crestliner 14ft V
Me the wife, 35hp Johnson tiller, 6gal gas, 1 battery, gear, cooler, seats, TM, plywood floor, 4 life vests, weigh about 880ish.
Boat handles it very well actually and does 28 mph(gps) WOT

Latest posts