Advice on rod holders

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trout Slayer12

Reaction score
So, recently I have been working on finishing up the tracker for the summer season. It's 17 feet so I don't wanna sacrifice any space, but I want to purchase a rod rack for trolling. Does anyone have any experience with the driftmaster rod racks?

Trout Slayer12 said:
So, recently I have been working on finishing up the tracker for the summer season. It's 17 feet so I don't wanna sacrifice any space, but I want to purchase a rod rack for trolling. Does anyone have any experience with the driftmaster rod racks?

Not the full trolling rack. But the holders and t-bars, yes. Most people I know that set up for trolling or need a rack get a custom one built (or DIY) and put the holders on that.

Walmart sells the same rod holder as drift master just under a different name. There 10 bucks each.
Much cheaper then dicks or anybody else for that matter. I mounted some to my boat but I'm going to diy a bar for catfishing. Drift master just cost to much for the bar mount.

I am retired now , but I was the former Man. Rep. for Driftmaster and I think some of you are misinformed. Yes WM does sell a unit that is similar to DM , but only 1 style and it's made in China, DM is totally made in the US. DM has many different styles , configurations and combos to get exactly what you want. Do the knockoffs in WM come in SS and or left handed so they don't unscrew on the port side of the vessel?
DM was also in WM until we asked for a 5% increase due to the rising prices in raw materials for production, bear in mind that we had not raised their price in 10 yrs and designed and manufactured a rod holder specifically for them at their request.
They refused the cost per sku raise and removed our products from the stores and warehouses and ended our contract .
WM sells 1 rh and 1 base , DM has the largest selection of both of anybody out there, go to the website and look at all the options.
Duplication is the largest form of flattery , but not always the best option.

I love my Downeasters for trolling. They are not cheap but they are fantastic clamp on rod holders.

https://www.down-east.com/website_003.htm

I like the Salty double clamps the best for trolling a few hundred yards of lead core line. I use them with my downrigger too, truly great rod holders.

Sorry I mis spoke when I said under a different name. I meant it was a different company. A copy.
Like they say everything at Walmart is from China. :mrgreen:

Insanity said:
Sorry I mis spoke when I said under a different name. I meant it was a different company. A copy.

It's no problem, I just hate that WM pushed Attwood to copy after the patent expired, and to piss on the fire made in China. Sam Walton was all about USA, he passes away, children are Katie bar the door. I have participated in all the processes to build the DM's and assure you they are better than any product made in China.

cutiger said:
Insanity said:

It's no problem, I just hate that WM pushed Attwood to copy after the patent expired, and to piss on the fire made in China. Sam Walton was all about USA, he passes away, children are Katie bar the door. I have participated in all the processes to build the DM's and assure you they are better than any product made in China.

I still can't be leave I worded it that way. Sounded like I was deceiving folk because I seen it was made in China.
Thank you for correcting me.
I've seen another what I be leave to be copy at a local mom and pops for 18 bucks. Now you got me to wondering it has to be made in China to. And I'd think this store to be pushing made in the us.
I'm gonna look at the product next time I'm there. I no the packaging is different.
Wishing I could afford to by us made. But my budget currently want allow it.

Latest posts