Styrofoam box removal? Pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony12118

Reaction score
Im thinking about removing these boxes in the bank of the boat since the tops are basically falling apart and I can't seem to find any replacements. They each hold a block of styrofoam, im assuming for more buoyancy, but I cant fit the gas can back there because there's not enough room. Would it be unwise to remove the boxes and foam? I was thinking of removing the box but leaving the foam and building a platform over them for the gas tank and battery box... thanks for any advise or suggestions, Anthony

Attachments

• 0901191545.jpg
    0901191545.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 463
  • 0901191545a.jpg
    0901191545a.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 463
Yes there are foam blocks under each seat...the blocks of foam in those boxes only fills half those boxes though

I don't like to recommend removing floatation but maybe you could relocate it to add to the foam under the seats?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Had an old.Alumacraft with the same deal. Must not have been able to fit enough foam in the benches, so they added those.

You can remove them, but you should add the same amount of foam somewhere else in the boat, preferably in the same area. It's there to keep the boat from sinking to the bottom, should it fill with water.

I wish i could find new tops to rivet on, I'll probably just replace the tops with some new aluminum. And build a platform for the gas tank.

Latest posts