What motor is this?!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbelanger24

Reaction score
Hey guys, buddy was saying I could have this motor if i made it run. Trying to figure out exactly what it is. Pretty sure it's a 1948 Evinrude 1.5 HP. Can really find anything on google images that matches what it is and describes the motor. Couldn't find anything on the top cowl either.

Attachments

• 1948-Evinrude-1_800.jpg
    1948-Evinrude-1_800.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 536
  • 20150827_214343.jpg
    20150827_214343.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 536
If you can find any kind of model number on it I can tell you what it is. Looks sort of like an Evinrude Ranger.
The model number on that should have 4 numbers on it followed by the serial number which I do not need.
Could be on the top of the flywheel or under the carb between the transom brackets or on the side of one of the
transom brackets.
Post your photos in www.aomci.org in the ask a member section and you may get a faster answer.

Pappy said:
If you can find any kind of model number on it I can tell you what it is. Looks sort of like an Evinrude Ranger.
The model number on that should have 4 numbers on it followed by the serial number which I do not need.
Could be on the top of the flywheel or under the carb between the transom brackets or on the side of one of the
transom brackets.
Post your photos in https://www.aomci.org in the ask a member section and you may get a faster answer.

okay I'll get back to you asap

Latest posts