bass pro trolling motors

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilkins26

Reaction score
Im a first time boat owner and I need to buy a trolling motor but I dont want to break the bank. I was wondering if anybody out there has used or would recomend the bass pro shops brand of motor? One more question i have is what is a good battery brand that is going to last a long time.
thanks for everyones help
mike

Have no experience with the BPS brand of TM's, but TM batteries (deep cycle) are made by only a few mfgr's, just different names on 'em. The key to dependable service from a TM battery is doing the maint on 'em, keeping 'em watered, charging them properly. Yes, you can get a bad one with any name on it, but Walmart brand TM batteries have served me well, if I get 3-4 yrs from one, I figure I've done good. At a $100 each, that's only $33 down to $25 a yr, which is nothing compared to how much gas you burn just getting to the lake, etc.,

I have a 30# Bass Pro trolling motor. Its ok and does the job, but is not as good as the Minn Kota my buddy has. I think the Minn Kota composite shaft is better and is easier to deploy.

On my big boat I use Optima batteries. They are pricey but you don't have to worry about the water levels. On my little boat I have the largest deep cycle battery Walmart sells. Not as expensive and it seems to last all day. No matter what battery brand you buy, get the largest deep cycle marine battery you can get for your boat.

there is a thread on them bass pro trolling motors and it seemed that everyone was having issues with them and ended up returning them

I have a 50lb BPS Prowler transom mount on my 12'. I have had it for two seasons and haven't had any troubles with it. The mechanism that adjust the angle was hard to engage so I put some WD40 on it, and now it will drop down a notch when I am cruising up river. Not a big deal, I just set it up past the notches. If that makes sense?

Latest posts