Anyone have information on this motor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rmack3459

Reaction score
Need help can not find any info about this particular outboard motor. Please if anyone can help I would appreciate it thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 20190123_151945.jpg
    20190123_151945.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 658
  • 32886.jpeg
    32886.jpeg
    412.6 KB · Views: 644
  • 32887.jpeg
    32887.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 644
  • 32888.jpeg
    32888.jpeg
    394.8 KB · Views: 644
lol I can understand that. Is it a good engine? Where can I get parts? Did I pay to much? Just couldn't find anything on it.

I've restored several Scott Atwater motors but not that one. They can be a real challenge to find parts compared to an OMC. I'm usually down on any motor from the "low profile " 60's era so I usually pass on those but that one is right on the transition and might not be too bad.

It looks like it's in fine condition but unfortunately it is a Bail o matic system... which has 2 water pumps and impellers.... Unless you have a nostalgic yearning for that brand of motor I'd suggest selling it to someone who is so afflicted... I have a soft spot for them because my father worked there as an engineer in the early 50's...

here's a manual:
https://www.fiberglassics.com/library/images/7/7f/Scottmanual004.pdf

IMG_E0908.JPG

lol 400 with the boat . It's not my area of expertise when it comes to the motors of any boat lmao. I'm a car guy I just wanted something for me and my boys to enjoy. The darn thing is impossible to figure out especially with no information about it. I guess I'll sell it and since I'm a light weight with boats I'll get something that's A1 already.

If you are a car guy and know points style ignitions the engine can be brought back into service.
Before selling please go to www.aomci.org and ask about the engine. There are many folks in there that can answer any question you have on the engine and help source parts. That website is the Antique Outboard site.

That's a neat motor, I've never seen one before. If your looking for nostalgia, it's worth tinkering with, but if your looking for reliability your effort will be better spent on a different motor - namely a 25 or 30hp Johnson or evinrude which can be bought on Craigslist for a decent price.
Not to say this motor can't be reliable, but parts and information will be hard to come by when it breaks down.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Pappy said:
If you are a car guy and know points style ignitions the engine can be brought back into service.
Before selling please go to www.aomci.org and ask about the engine. There are many folks in there that can answer any question you have on the engine and help source parts. That website is the Antique Outboard site.

Great thank you for the help and info I appreciate it.

Latest posts