Karts/Mini bikes?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The predator runs great. Simple start and a bit too much power.

I'm thinking if I move the motor to a Kart I will change the air intake and the exhasut.
Kind of thinking about doing a home made glass pack type thing just because.

There are tons of air filter/exhaust mods for it.. Yea even the 6.5 hp do buck.. Got any video?

Im just getting going on rebuilding the Mickey Thompson mini bike..

Gonna replace all the bearings,tires,sprockets,drum brake and power it with a stock 6.5 Pred..

It sits 6" lower than any other mini ive seen or got.. Gonna be too kool..

Attachments

• 20141113_021258.jpg
    20141113_021258.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2,635
That looks like a cool bike.

I don't have any video... probably gonna be too cold for the photographer for a while. :)

I'm still a bit concerned riding this bike, I know the guy that welded everything and he's not too good. :LOL2:

Ya gotta run it hard to see where it breaks though..

The mickey/aggie i was gonna do has issues with the front forks. The suspension is rusted through and through and ill be lucky to find a set of good front forks..

So I decided to rebuild the El Tigre.

Just got done polishing the frame and seat frame..

Went with "Extension cord orange" for the rims and forks...

New tires,rear suspension and bearings across the board.. Waiting for the custom seat cover and debating on the power plant I wanna use..

tires.jpg

20141207_142352.jpg

That suspension looks like a good idea. Appears to be simple mechanically, but should help out immensely. I will have to think about using that version in an upcoming project.

That is a nice looking orange. It is funny the names they come up with for paint. I picked a blue for my boat and people think I am joking when I say the shade is "Handicap Blue."

The only way to go . . . scary fast at 7100 RPMs . . . Briggs and Stratton 4-stroke racing engine, box stock, with electric start.

Attachments

• WorldFormula.jpg
    WorldFormula.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 2,574
For that price you could have 2 preds spinning 8K+ with no limiter n have gas money left over..

New seat cover comes tomorrow. Debating on using the 3.5 HP Tect i have or get a new pred n just run it.

Still got some minor things to do still, but she's coming along..

Attachments

• 20141214_102603.jpg
    20141214_102603.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 2,563
  • 20141214_102633.jpg
    20141214_102633.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 2,563
3.5hp seems like it would be underpowered a little. Of course that would have a lot to do with the size of the rider I guess. Been a while since I've seen any of them but I was thinking all the ones I seen had 5hp on them. Two young girls in my small town had an accident on one (both fatal) when I was about 12-13. I think all the parents got together and eliminated every mini in town after that. I can honestly say I don't remember seeing another after that day. Of course they had just started to show up around town when that happened so there weren't that many of them.

When I picked this up it had a 3.5 hp on it.. with the gearing and tire size it did 23 mph (gps) and could pull the front tire off the ground if you weren't careful. I put a Powerhouse 5.5 hp on it in the fall just to see the difference and it was scary fast, even with the gov on it..

Custom seat cover and new pan mounted..

Gonna install the Tec 3.5 tomorrow after I chase everyone out of my house ;)

Attachments

• 20141224_093822.jpg
    20141224_093822.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,522
Took one look at that seat cover and just knew in my mind you were from Tennessee. Imagine my surprise when I looked up and saw how far you are away from TN. LoL

Canoeman; You might have mentioned, and I may have missed it, but where do you go for parts supplier(s)?

I'm thinking about building one from scratch, but upsizing things a bit for an adult.

Roger

Theres tons of places but the best prices and shipping is ombwarehouse..

https://www.ombwarehouse.com/home.php

Latest posts