Jet ski trailer winch post

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought a jet ski trailer for my 12 foot v hull, the winch post has a stopper designed for a jet ski. What would be my best option to change this so my boat will fit?

Attachments

• 00W0W_euxGGqp6F0r_600x450.jpg
    00W0W_euxGGqp6F0r_600x450.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 2,060
That depends on your fabrication skills. You you might look here to get some ideas.
https://boattrailerpartsplace.com/winch-post-assemblies/

I haven't made my mind up on what to do. I want to use the current winch post. Most winch post i see have an angle on them. Just trying to think of the best way to put a bow stopper on it.

My trailer has the angled bracket with this roller assembly.

https://www.etrailer.com/Boat-Trailer-Parts/CE-Smith/CE31005PG.html

I did not like the assembly though. It was to long making it week/wobly. One day my boat sort of bounced off of it going down the road at some point. It bent the roller assembly pretty badly. I bought a new one and cut it down to about 5" or so. Then welded it back together. MUCH more sturdy now. I can get you a pic if you want? I also changed all of the old black rubber rollers on my trailer earlier this summer to the yellow thermoplastic type. Pretty big improvement with ease of loading/unloading my boat now.

Yeah i would like to see your setup. I'm thinking about ordering a winch post like this one.

Attachments

• PO3551.jpg
    PO3551.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,990
justinsain1026 said:
Just bought a jet ski trailer for my 12 foot v hull, the winch post has a stopper designed for a jet ski. What would be my best option to change this so my boat will fit?
I ran up against the same problem with mine. I cut the bottom off then cut a 30 degree angle at the bottom of the post. Then I ground down the bottom part to clean it up and make The cutting flat. Then rewelded the two parts back together and whala.. It's angled towards the hitch like it's suposed to. You can check my rebuild thread to check it out.
Oh, and you will most likely have to add about 4' to the front of your trailer tongue as I did for my 12' semi-v.

justinsain1026 said:
Y_J how long is your trailer now?
It's now 16' from the rear frame member to hitch member.
I've got it set up with the bunks 3" past the back and with the wench bar in place and boat on the trailer I've still enough room on the tongue for the trailer jack and a spare wheel/tire.
If you look closely at the photo below, you can see the 2 holes where the hitch was originally. I added 4' to that.
Tap/click the photo for a larger view.

Attachments

• 20141116_125741_Smyrna Church Rd.jpg
    20141116_125741_Smyrna Church Rd.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,966
Here is how mine is setup. You can see how I cut down the original roller bracket. It was too flimsy at full length. The winch bracket is just a standard bracket, it is angled like YJ's is though. It is also rather flimsy and I ended up tack welding it to my trailer frame.

IMG_20141123_181253_zpstkwlhptm.jpg

IMG_20141123_181315_zpsoknio2i0.jpg

IMG_20141123_181306_zpsmxcjzmfg.jpg

Latest posts