Boat moves side to side on trailer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some Dealers AND Some Trailer Manufacturers are not worth the time it takes to bring the boat back.

If they didn't do it right the first time, I'd have no confidence that they would do it right the second time. You did the right thing.

I've lost count of the number of times I've dropped a boat into the water and proceeded to make trailer adjustments.

Sometimes, like at my place in TN, I can drop it into the water and put it back in a few minutes. Other times (at my place in TX), I am an hour or more away from the nearest ramp.

I am not too keen on crawling under the boat; lifting it on a jerry-rigged stand, and sticking my arms and head under the trailer frame. I know it works, but I'll leave that to you brave young guys.

richg99

richg99" I am not too keen on crawling under the boat; lifting it on a jerry-rigged stand said:
ticking my arms and head[/b] under the trailer frame. I know it works, but I'll leave that to you brave young guys.

richg99

Otherwise the next owner is going to be asking what that gray gooey stuff is on the bottom of the boat :LOL2: For me, at this stage of my "senority" I try to avoid working under anything, but just can't avoid it altogether.

On a serious note, no need to jury rig anything. It is pretty simple to make a stable cradle for these boats.

Kind of sorry to read that the dealer didn't want to make it right. Too bad.

LDUBS Ha Ha I noticed that you changed my Jerry rigged to Jury rigged.

When I typed my prior answer, the thought went through my mind as to..... which word....
Jury or Jerry .....was correct?

Since you brought it up, I looked it up. (Inquiring minds HAVE to know)...It seems that both spellings have the same definition.

Ha! rich

one theory is that Jerry Rig comes from the WWII era.
Jerry was a nickname for the Germans.
story goes, the Germans did whatever was necessary to
keep them in action and above the enemy. with the haphazard fixes.
Thus, Jerry Rig has carried over to the present time.
also confusing is the term "Jury Rig" - - - - -

Google:
jerry-rig, jerry-built: made in a quick or careless way: not built or designed well.
A little-used definition of "jury rig" is intended or designated for temporary use.
Jury Rig is a nautical term of unknown origin, and in its early use it usually appeared
in the phrase jury mast, referring to a temporary mast put up to replace one that has been lost. A quick fix.

whew - sort of like tomato or tomatow, potato or potatow.

and Dubs, I agree - Kind of sorry to read that the dealer didn't want to make it right. Too bad.

Latest posts