Switch panel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I am not exactly sure as to what I want/need. What I need involves running light for the bow and stern, and a bilge pump. I figure these should be wired to a switch panel. Other things I will install are a fish finder, trolling motor, and a stereo with 2 speakers. I have a 14ft Klamath deluxe s. From what I have found on here it sounds like I only need a 3 switch switch panel, a switch for one light and a switch for the other light and a switch for the bilge pump. Now I am not sure if I need to wire anything else to the switch.

You really only need two switches. A standard Single Pole Single Throw (SPST) continuous switch for the bilge pump and a Double Pole Double Throw (DPDT) switch for your navigation lights. You push the switch one way and all lights come on. Push the switch the other way and only the anchor light (stern light) comes on.

While your putting it in though, it is a good idea to add one or two extra switches for future additions. It's far easier to do it now rather than have to go back and redo it later.

On my boat, there are switches for:

Bilge pump (DPDT) - constant on, off, on with float switch
Livewell pump (DPDT) - constant on, off, on with timer
Trolling Motor - (SPST) - Off, On - I use it with a 60A relay to disconnect the power to the TM, as there is no off switch, and I don't like power bleeds over the long term
Nav Lights (DPDT) - Running lights, off, Anchor light

Good luck!

i have a switch for fish finder, bilge pump, lights, 12v outlet and trolling motor outlet. i added two 12v outlets for spotlights and charging phones/cameras

Latest posts