Wiring for Fish Finder Battery

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jet1932

Reaction score
I decided to use a separate battery for my fish finder. I will be keeping it up front near my trolling motor battery. I have a dual bank charger up front and I only have one battery connected to it. I would like to connect the battery to my FF and the on board charger that's already installed. So, I can just plug in the on board charger and charge both batteries at the same time. What is the best way to connect the FF and the charger to a battery with terminals like these? I tried searching but I could not find anything on it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418865454.653058.jpg

I don't believe you can use a high amp charger for the type/size battery you have pictured. Those usually take a small charger that is available wherever you got the battery. I use one similar to that shown in my yak and it requires a small low amp charger but the battery powers an Elite 4 for 2-3 trips before it needs charging.

Well....there goes that idea! Thank you for the heads up....I didn't even think of it being too high! I looked it up and the max recommended charge is 2.5amps....my on-board charger is 4amps per bank.

what he said. i melted one of those a few months ago.walked into the garage and smelled like hell .it was completely distorted,but i caught it before catastrophy. 5 amp charge at the most!

look around flea markets, Goodwill and Salvation Army stores for misc. chargers.
like the phone and toy chargers. I collect all the ones I find for a buck apiece.
110v input with 12v 3amp output and make sure you can figure out the hot wire.
couple of alligator clips and you have a charger. Don't forget the 3 amp inline fuse in the FF line.

Attachments

• scans0001.jpg
    scans0001.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 684