Bilge Pump placement

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pymybob

Reaction score
I'm going to be placing a bilge pump in my Sea Nymph 14R and I I think I know where I'm placing it but would like to hear opinions on my placement. I'm thinking of putting it here:

Good? Bad? Any thoughts?

Looks good, but I raised mine off the deck about 1/2" so it wouldn't be as prone to sucking in dirt, etc.

Might want to put it on the other side of the transom support - yes it will be set a smidge higher, but it will have the transom support to protect it should the gas tank shift around while trailering the boat.

I like the idea of raising it a bit and good call on the gas tank. I plan on having storage on either side of each transom support. Decisions, decisions. Thanks for the input everyone!

I'd put it where it had a little clearance on all sides (at least enough to get your fingers in to) in order to be able clean out any leaves or other debris that gets in there.

Mike makes a good point on access. Cleaning away debris is important; plus pumps don't last forever and will need to be replaced eventually.

Hey!!!! We have the same boat!!!

Boat Buddies!!! :mrgreen:

I put mine on the other side of that rib, because between the two ribs and in front of the drain hole is where I put my fuel cell.

I took some pics for you on how I set mine up.

K5t1BK9.jpg

dYPnIJB.jpg

I plan on painting the bilge area with truck bed liner after I've used it a few times and its gotten rinsed out. The boat sat with leaves rotting in it for years, and the bottom is kinda gungy. waiting until after I take it out a few times and it gets rinsed out well before I paint it.

Latest posts