Lowrance Trolling Motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Supposedly Lowrance is coming out with a revolutionary trolling motor in 2019. Does anyone have any information or an inside scoop? Where are our Lowrance connections? :lol:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Clqn11HqIsc

Leaked photos!

5dfcc215340feb7e1900c63772387723.jpg

3dfffc42b431b89481902fc43f486e2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the latest video. Likely be out after Icast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3isDC8DlzoI

Read this the other day on a fishing forum I frequent.

Fwiw there will be 3 other spot lock motors coming out very soon by different manufacturers. Wont be too long before several vendors release their versions. Some will be at ICAST, some will be before. The spot lock market is about to change very quickly.

Lowrance is, obviously, one of the vendors. Anxious to see what else is coming out. Hoping it makes the spot-lock/I-pilot market a little more competitive.

Minn Kota, MotorGuide, Lowrance, Rhodan all have gps and " spotlock feature "

Haswing could get GPS, they actually have good reviews. , also heard Garmin is coming out with a Trolling Motor.

I sure hope Lowrance shakes up the market and drives some competition. I'll be in the market in about a year for a full setup for the Sylvan which will need to be a 36volt with autopilot and it's not gonna be cheap.

jethro said:
I sure hope Lowrance shakes up the market and drives some competition. I'll be in the market in about a year for a full setup for the Sylvan which will need to be a 36volt with autopilot and it's not gonna be cheap.

Although I can't justify something with I-pilot/spot lock on my current rig, I dream of the ability to hit a button and have the trolling motor hold me in current while I fish an eddy, seam, etc. on the river!! I hate throwing the anchor so much I haven't used it in years, other than when setup for catfish. Instead I fight the trolling motor to keep me in position well enough to fish those spots. Have gotten very proficient at doing that over the years, but it can get tiring. Hopefully by the time I get a new setup prices will be competitive and there will be even more advances.

BigTerp said:
Although I can't justify something with I-pilot/spot lock on my current rig, I dream of the ability to hit a button and have the trolling motor hold me in current while I fish an eddy, seam, etc. on the river!! I hate throwing the anchor so much I haven't used it in years, other than when setup for catfish. Instead I fight the trolling motor to keep me in position well enough to fish those spots. Have gotten very proficient at doing that over the years, but it can get tiring. Hopefully by the time I get a new setup prices will be competitive and there will be even more advances.

Spot lock would be awesome for me jigging for lakers in the summer which are often at 100 feet deep or more. Impossible to anchor and jig a spot. But I want it to troll and autopilot. Set my downriggers when I'm fishing solo in a breeze. Would be so awesome, but man is it an expensive setup. It's not just the motor, it's the 3 deep cycles and a 3 bank on board charger and all the wiring that goes with it.

Auto pilot would be the cats meow for trolling that's for sure. I recently fished with a guide in Florida he had a rhodan hadn't ever heard of them before that, he said he went with it after minnkota screwed him out of the warranty work or something.

Bill Dance announced Garmins new trolling motor. The Garmin Force will come in 24 and 36 volt models.

I just read that Lawrence now represents 28% of the TMs used by anglers on the Bassmaster Elite Series tour. That is a pretty big hunk considering they were introduced in 2019. Of course, a lot of that usage is going to be tied to sponsorships for those folks who already use Lowrance Fishfinders.

Here is a Pic From the "Best on Tour" article (to be honest, I'm not sure I knew Garmin made TM's):

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 9.45.44 AM.png

Latest posts