Upgrading OEM Kenwood Stereo

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimoshai

Reaction score
My boat has an OEM Kenwood stereo with transom controls, steering wheel controls, CD changer, and out of date iPod interface. I don't have the model number in front of me at the moment, but it is a 1.5 DIN size. I want to upgrade for the purpose of getting Blue Tooth and/or current iPhone connectivity (I have an iPhone 7, wife has a Samsung, so Blue Tooth is ideal). Local mobile stereo shop says the new Kenwood models won't work with the remotes already installed in the boat.
Has anyone found a good solution for upgrading their 2007ish Kenwood stereo w/o losing the remotes controls? Ideally the current head unit could accept a Blue Tooth module?

Does your current stereo have an AUX port? I have a Pyle marine setup in my boat and quickly realized I didn't want to have my phone tied to the AUX port with a cord. Picked up one of the Bluetooth receivers linked below and it works great. Use it in my truck as well since the stock radio also doesn't have Bluetooth capability.

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetoo...h+aux+adapter&qid=1558707599&s=gateway&sr=8-6

Latest posts