Tiny Tach and the like reliability?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktoelke54

Reaction score
Just went through my second tachometer. The first was a Tiny Tach, the second a knock-off. My best bet is that moisture killed them both. I store them inside but boat in all weather. They both lasted about one season. So what I want to know it’s this typical of these little tachs? Is there a more durable option? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

im on my 3d tiny tach.3 different engines .all have been exposed to weather off and on. had one on a tohatsu 9.8. tohatsu 30 hp. and on my yamaha 70. no issues with any of them. the 30 i had for 5 yrs and was working when i sold it. i have had good luck calling them and speaking with their engineers.

ktoelke54 said:
Just went through my second tachometer. The first was a Tiny Tach, the second a knock-off. My best bet is that moisture killed them both. I store them inside but boat in all weather. They both lasted about one season. So what I want to know it’s this typical of these little tachs? Is there a more durable option? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure about more durable options. Some claim to be water proof and
have a warranty.
I never had an actual "tiny-tach", but used a few knock-off units.
I've gotten more than one season out of them though.

My boat is always stored indoors.
The current one is still going, maybe 3 years old or so.
My last one lasted a few years.
On the flip side, but they don't cost much. I just consider it maintenance.

Check out Hardline Products version. Mine is out in the weather and works great.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

thedude said:
Check out Hardline Products version. Mine is out in the weather and works great.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Same. I have two Hardlines that are 3-4 years old and spent first two years in the weather. Still work fine as of today and on original batteries.

Latest posts