• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

25 HP Outboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B.E. Nelli

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for an upgrade for my buddy. He is wanting a 25 hp long shaft OB for his Jon. Not particular to any brand. In the KC MO area. Thanks for the help.

Eric

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=349760#p349760 said:
B.E. Nelli » 23 Apr 2014, 01:13[/url]"]Hey guys, looking for an upgrade for my buddy. He is wanting a 25 hp long shaft OB for his Jon. Not particular to any brand. In the KC MO area. Thanks for the help.

Eric

remote or tiller

Does anyone know of any shops around the KC area that might sell used motors? I thought finding used 25s would be easier. But we aren't finding anything. Haha, any help is appreciated.

craigslist....last year i was looking for a 25hp longshaft and it took a little searching anf i ended up driving an hour away. Short shafts were easy to find in my area but not longshafts.

B.E. Nelli,

ImVho, the BEST way to find a nice 25HP or any other vintage OB is post a 3x5" "WANT TO BUY" ad on every neighborhood grocery store & "community" bulletin board AND a "WTB" to your local craigslist.

Over the last 4-5 years, I've bought at least 2 DOZEN in exactly that way & paid no more than 250.oo for any of them.
(My latest "treasure" is a 1958 Electric Start, 18HP Johnson, that needs NOTHING but a "good bath", new plugs, points, condensers, coils, a carb kit & a water-pump impeller.)

For 250.oo or LESS, it's hard to find a better deal in an OB motor, than that.
(My BEST "As Found Treasure" was a 1965 Johnson "long-foot" ES 35HP with less than 25 TOTAL hours from an estate sale, for 225.oo, that needed NOTHING except an impeller & clean fuel.)

yours, satx

To ALL,

My antipathy toward Mercury OB is fairly well-known by some folks here BUT many collectors/boaters like them.

One of our TX chapter members from Houston recently bought a 1960 "Tower of Power" Mark 78A Mercury with NO HOURS for 700.oo & still in the crate that it came to the Mercury dealer in.
(Priced a NEW 70HP outboard lately???)

yours, satx

Thanks for the help guys, we are still searching. Yeah I will try posting on CL for sure.

Latest posts