• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for Mercury 60/40 jet 4 Stroke

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpress165

Reaction score
Hey all, long time reader of the site. Finally joined! I'm looking to switching to a Mercury 60/40 4 stroke jet. Trying to find a used one, thought maybe someone on here may know of one for sale somewhere. Going to be selling my Yamaha 50/35 2 Stroke. Located north of Harrisburg. Thanks! -Dave

Keep watching CL, your area should be loaded with them.
Several months ago I picked up a 2013 40/30 Yamaha four stroke tiller jet from North of Harrisburg and on the west side of the Susquehanna. Either Mifflinburg, Mifflintown, or Mifflinville, too many Mifflins to remember which one! :lol:
I think you might get some comments about going from the 2 stroke to the 4 stroke!

I saw an Evinrude E-tec 60/40 around Easton PA on craigslist. I'm along the Delaware River and I haven't seen too many jets come up for sale this past year, they must be getting more popular.

I looked for two years for mine and spent "A LOT" of time on CL, saw quite a few listed but, priced too high for the year, too old, bad cyl.,remote steer, too high hp. for the boat, etc., lots of boats with the jets on already, and they don't seem to last long. A fair priced clean jet outboard won't last long either, almost need to call right after it's listed. When Aquetong Marine near New Hope went out of business, they had a couple brand new 40/30 tiller Yamies for $5,200, should have pulled the trigger then. I was going to put the jet on my 1654 FB GRIZZLY, but changed my mind and bought another boat to put it on! #-o
Also watch under parts and accessories, that's where mine was listed.

Xpress165 said:
Hey all, long time reader of the site. Finally joined! I'm looking to switching to a Mercury 60/40 4 stroke jet. Trying to find a used one, thought maybe someone on here may know of one for sale somewhere. Going to be selling my Yamaha 50/35 2 Stroke. Located north of Harrisburg. Thanks! -Dave

Read the thread linked below very carefully before selling your Yamaha 50/35 2 stroke and replacing it with a Mercury 60/40 4 stroke. If your motor is running OK, you won't gain much if anything by the swap.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=41247

I finally took my two stroke merc 60/40 off my boat and extended the transom to fit the omc 70 two stroke I bought a little back on. Looking to sell my merc I was using it's a short shaft 60/40 tiller steer so it needs a 20" transom. I have a extra AG jet pump I can sell with it along with the prop lower with a stainless prop.

Latest posts