Rend Lake fishing report 4-13-2014

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl60446

Reaction score
Fished rend lake Illinois with some guides on sat and sun, 6 of us in 3 boats. Got about 1/2 our limit each day. Biggest we caught was 13.5 inches and 1 channel cat of 10 lbs on a crappie pole. That was fun. The crappie are just moving into the buck brush according
to the guides, should be great fishing in about 5-7 days. Fishing that buck brush is an experience, 11 ft pole with a slip bobber, hook and minnow. You gotta thread it down thru that buck brush into the water, hook a crappie and pray you get it out of there.
Kind of a pain in the *** but it was fishing so we had fun.
Tim

Saw a show on TV about that, looked fun.
I fished Rend lake many years ago as a kid. Somewhere along some rip rap and I caught a couple bass from the bank. We were just driving by and stopped for a bit.

One of the guys sent me 1 picture, this was one of the bigger ones we caught, 13.5 inches.
They went down from there but we got our share of decent fish.
Tim

Attachments

• IMG_5856.jpg
    IMG_5856.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 2,315
I like Rend for some strange reason. Lots of trees to hold the bass. Never fished it for crappie though. Hope to get there sometime this year.

Latest posts