Tried the NED rig last night. I'm impressed.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
I fished my little pond last night. It is full of small dumb bass that anyone can catch. That said, after catching 20 or so in 1 1/2 hours on a Senko Texas Rig, they shut off.

Since one of my Senkos was mostly torn in half, and....I had a saltwater 1/8th-ounce jighead in my kit..I decided to rig up a Redneck Ned rig.

Wow....the first cast was quickly eaten by a very large bluegill. For the next 30 minutes, I was getting hit on nearly every cast, both by big Bluegills/Sunfish and my the normal small LM bass. All of the hits were very aggressive. The Bluegills/Sunfish in this little lake must weigh 3/4's of lb. and outfight the LM Bass pound for pound.

It was fun while it lasted and I am now a Ned rig fan.

Attachments

• IMG_20190426_085239.jpg
    IMG_20190426_085239.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 905
nice sounds like you got a good blue gill pond, some of the best eating fish if you ask me are a nice fat blue gill. Wonder if they were bedding and trying to keep it out of there beds.

Jigging small plastic grubs is killer for blue gill. I’ve been out of it and didn’t even know what a Ned rig was till I read this. Didn’t know it was something new. Sounds like it works well for LMB. Nice when you can add a new technique that works.

Latest posts