Limit of Trout Today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
The slump is finally over! I decided to try a lake that is just next door to the lake where I normally go. I had been to it once before a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, even though owned by the same water company, my season pass from the other lake was not transferable so I had to cough up the fees.

Anyway, it was a beautiful day in the mid 70’s. I managed 5 in the boat by 10:30 am. Probably would have had a limit by 9:30 but I left my “hot spot” to troll up a canyon arm just for the scenery. Lucky for me, the fish waited for me to return and round out the limit. Haha.

Pardee 6-28.jpg

View from the main lake about 7 am. Water here is about 250' deep.

Pardee Main Lake.jpg

Rock wall along the canyon arm inlet.

Rock Wall.jpg

Got out again yesterday until about 11 am. Went to another large lake I hadn't been to for months. We managed 4 rainbows in the box. All healthy looking fish, but small at 12" - 14". We lost two other trout when they decided to jump right at the boat. The rainbows were scrappy for their size. Also caught & released two large mouths about 15". Caught the large mouths trolling 35' deep. Caught the rainbows at 35' - 45'. The rainbows hit the lures harder than the LMBs.

I launched at a free ramp. It is a very nice facility maintained by Fed Bureau of Reclaimation. Normally when I go there during the week it is pretty much wide open. Yesterday there were a fair number of pleasure boaters. There was a small traffic jam when we pulled the boat out at about 11:00 am and the parking lot was 100% full. I can't imagine what this place looks like on a weekend when all the wake boarders and lake lice are out in force. I'm not going to find out -- another benefit of retirement is I can go during the week.

Latest posts