Indiana Jet Jon Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my key sheered to it would just crank and crank and sound like crud when it actually would sound like it was going to start. Can you film it while your cranking it and post it? Those woodruff keys can break easy if something screwy happens.

Here are some pics of the wiring followed by a video

Everything spread out

Close up.of the replacement buzzer and kill switch

Well I'm stumped. pulled the engine monted it on the bench and still didn't work. Let it sit for a week. Did nothing different and sure a **** the beast started right up. Motors back in the boat and I'm doing final work with the seat and throttle. Going for a gas pedal!

Great news on your progress. Please post a picture of your foot pedal when you get it installed. I am looking to change my throttle control too.

So whipped up a gas pedal. Welds arnt the best but I'm learning. Let me know what you guys think.

19 bucks for a adjustable spring door hindge

bent hindge plate to set pedal angle

welded it to base plate

welded on a pedal and some brackets
test fit

final before installing

and riveted in.

That looks great! What did you use for pivot wear point - bushings? Hope you get your boat on the water soon.

Ya I used nylon bushings at all pivot points and nylon lock nuts so I could set the resistance at each location. It's a real smooth action. It really turned out just as I had envisioned. Not to often that happens lol

cool build so far where in indiana are you located. I live in southern indiana just swapped my prop for a outboard jet and I'm working on getting it set up right still giving me trouble. Hopefully we aren't too far apart, as I have a tig welder, and would be willing to help you out with welding. Awesome delorean by the way, would love to see that thing out.

Latest posts