Botswana 2072 160HP Outback

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No cabellas in Maun town, very few options for boat chairs. Found this fantastic hand made square tube bender and decided to fabricate my own chairs, herewith progress to date

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,985
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,985
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,985
Thanks guys, it's been fun, but need to get finished now.
Plan to flip the boat next week and apply wetlander, then put everything together, install the console and start fitting the controls.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 2,222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2,222
This post rocks! I feel like I'm watching national geographic!

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Wow this chairs are really cool. Are you fishing with The Partridge Family? That's a lot of seats

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

:LOL2: Trying to make the boat as versatile as possible, seats will stay at home when fishing, but we often go out for a slow cruise game viewing with friends and family.

Started early morning when nice and cool, tried with a spray gun for 5 minutes and then reached for a roller, more than happy with the results.
Second pic shows the hull baking in the African sun

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 2,165
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 2,165
Turned the boat right way up yesterday, very happy with the wetlander application, very slick, and simple to apply with a roller. Trust it will perform as advertised.
I have kept busy with other small projects, the captains chair will be mounted on the dog house, I wanted it to swivel, and have adjustment for standing or sitting, in addition I also wanted it to slide back a full meter so I can fish off the back of the boat.
This is the rail, the chair has a matching round disc with center bearing allowing it to swivel.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,056
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,056
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,056
The donor ski was a 2006 model, discovered that later models have a much improved reverse bucket, ordered one and adapted it to fit without too much difficulty. I have never been satisfied with the effectiveness of the reverse, so can't wait to get this on the water and see if This is an improvement.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 2,055
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 2,055
Speaking of testing the boat, our river dried up completely this year for the first time in about 8 yrs due to a prolonged drought, the bulk of our water however comes from the Angolan highlands over 2000 km away, that flow reached us today, cannot express how wonderful it is to have fresh water arriving in this desert in the middle of our dry season.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 2,051
This is the matching disk attached to the bottom of the captains chair, the whole arrangement then connects to the slider which fits into the rail.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,983
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,983
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,983
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,983
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,983
Flotation going in, Botswana has no requirement for flotation, but this is the only product that will get you the required permits to boat in South Africa.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,961
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 1,961
At last all the bits and pieces start fitting together, Teleflex jet Helm and single lever control, still ironing out the linkages, but am optimistic these parts will all work. Have had to turn extended tailpieces on the lathe to reach the nozzle and reverse gate,but should get that finished this weekend.
As much as I have enjoyed the manufacturing I have no particular aptitude or patience for painting and laying carpets, hope to get some mates in to assist w itch these tasks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,929
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,929
Have the boat resting on old tires while working on it, found this barn owl resting in one of the tires during the day, I'm sure all the banging and grinding will convince him to move on.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,926
Finished all the pedestal seat bases, 40 mm pipe bushed with acetal turned on the lathe.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 1,889
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,889
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,889

Latest posts