Do I want a jet lower???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the break-in today... Was a beautiful day in North-West Arkansas.

The good = it goes just over 30 WOT with 2 people, 3/4 tank of fuel, and full livewell.
The bad = it drafts around 15" at rest and idle.

I might consider having pods built and welded on. Way to early to make that decision...

Here is an 1852 blazer ss with mercury 40 jet with tiller. Runs 32 down and 28-29 up stream. Very popular boat and motor combo where I live in south central Missouri. Great river boat. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445314572.793010.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445314602.544749.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445314627.606844.jpg

Have run several jets. Impressive in shallow rocky-bottom rivers and streams. Everywhere else, they SUCK. Literally suck. Everything up off the shallow bottom. Sticks, leaves, debris, garbage bags. Rocky bottom rivers such as the White and Little Red Rivers, they rule. Especially the White. I rarely even take my war eagle (standard prop drive) to the White anymore, I just drive the car and rent a jet for the day. Or hire a guide.