Adding a winch post and winch??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOSKN5

Reaction score
I just bought a boat with a homemade trailer that did not have any type of winch post or anything at the front... has anyone made one themselves? Is it possible to make one without welding? I have been thinking about something with wood maybe?? I just dont know if it would ever be strong enough.... anyone have any suggestions??

here is a pic of mine the day I bought it.

as you can see the whole deal is bolted on. its basically a large C channel with the end trimmed leaving just the two sides. it is then bolted on and has two braces bolted in front. I can take a petter pic if you want.

IMG_1404.jpg

Heres the one that I made. The trailer had a vertical post with a pin for a jet ski. I cut the post and angled it then used some angle iron to make a winch mount and bow stop.

100_0690.jpg

I found my new winch post on an old trailer that was being used as a sign.
It's a lot better than what was there before.

I found a good gal one in a boat dealers junk lot. Bought the tongue and winch stand to replace one on a trailer that had been jack knifed. Good coupler and a 1800lb 2 speed winch for 50.00. Check out boat dealers back lots for trade ins.

frank

Latest posts