Best Rod & Reel for Kids

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebcdave

Reaction score
The best rod and reel I have found, for kids, is a Ugly Stick 5' ultralight rod and a Daiwa 40XD underspin reel. The rod is the right size and will take a beating like no other. Kids can handle the underspin easily because it has better balance than a spincast. A spin cast always seems to turn over in small hands and then it is backwards. I recommend this outfit and feel it is worth the price of $40 to $50, maybe cheaper on sale. What have you had good or bad luck with? Keep'er Wet, Dave

Jim said:
Very cool!

Thinking of picking up a new combo for the little guy. This might be the ticket.

I think you shoudl go with a Legend Elite and a Sol. Just in case he decides not to fish :mrgreen:

Captain Ahab said:
Jim said:
Very cool!

Thinking of picking up a new combo for the little guy. This might be the ticket.

I think you shoudl go with a Legend Elite and a Sol. Just in case he decides not to fish :mrgreen:

HAHAHAHA!! That really made my morning a little better. Good one. :LOL2:

Captain Ahab said:
Jim said:
Very cool!

I think you should go with a Legend Elite and a Sol. Just in case he decides not to fish :mrgreen:
my wife's first and only baitcast setup was a loomis cranking stick and a dawia crazy cranker total price around $440 and to my disappointment she went back to her spin cast rod and reel I was so upset and was worried i had wasted the money..

goods news is she lets me use the combo

I just use a small graphite spinnin rod around 5-6 long and then attach a cheep spinnin reel to it. because if its fro the kids you dont need anything powerful and fancy for some small bluegill

My kid has one of those rocket rods, he loves it and has out fished me on many occasions with it.

Latest posts