MY NEW BOAT!!! (UPDATE : Few more additions) LOWE 1648MT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarshGrass

Reaction score
Hello all!

I've been posting a few things here and there (Mostly questions) - this forum is great! Thanks for all the help!

I picked up a new 2011 Lowe 1648MT from Cabellas (Got a great deal - $500 off the asking price because of some scracthes in the paint from shipping) and a new 2011 Lowe Trailer as well.

This boat was purchased for duck season as priority 1, and in the summer (offseason) for fishing (mostly bass and striper). I've noticed that most of you guys have your tins set up real well for fishing as priority 1, so I thought I'd post up what my setup looks like for anyone else who likes to duck hunt. The main difference is that most of you have decks, but my tin is an open concept (can fit more duck gear this way)....She is powered by a 1988 Johnson 25HP w/Electric start, with a 1996 Mercury 4HP as a back up motor......well here she is:

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

And here is what I tow her with:

IMG_1514.jpg

Let me know if you guys have questions on anything!

Also thinking of some names...would love any feedback from y'all: Name would start with MK (My initials) and follow with one of the following:

MK-

Swamp Rat
River Rat
Water Rat
Camo Rat
Swamp Gator
Grass Ferret
Swamp Honker
Mongoose
Ultra Rat
Green Head

And maybe the following without MK infront?

Duck, Duck, BANG!
Duck, Duck, GOOSE!

Dude - that is a very impressive boat - everything stowed and organized nice. real nice.

Now time to see how it hunts/fishes huh?

Put some slime on it. That thing looks like it stepped off of tinboats.net showroom.

^ It's a new boat man....only been on the water 2-3 times....she'll get broken in this fall during duck season! Action pics to come!

Wow, what a sweet rig! I am going to steal some of your ideas I think!

My floor is similar to yours, but yours looks more heavy duty. What is it?

Nice setup.
I've never seen those shotgun holders,I like them.
Probably find them at cabelas,BPS...?

Thanks guys!

The floor is just industrial rubber mat from Home Depot cut to fit between the ribs.

Shotgun holders are from cabelas - you can buy them single, or by the pair. They seem to be ok, just have not field tested them yet.

Some more details about the setup:

Paint Job - The 1648MT came Olive Green from the factory, so i did a quick youtube search on how to camo a dusck boat. There is a great video of a guy using a broom stick and sray paint to get the "Marsh Grass" camo effect. I did the sides and top of the seats.

Motor(s) The 1988 Johnson 25 HP was white when I bought it but a quick sand, wipe down with degreaser, and green/black epoxy paint job cleaned it up nice. The Top of the cowling has some camo too! The Mercury is 1 1996 and only has about 10 hours on it! This thing is MINT condidtion! Only problem is it's a short shaft and I can't get up to full throttle with out having the prop suck too much air! It works ok as a backup and for real shallow water! Anyone want to trade for a 4HP Long SHaft?

Lighting - Just a simple stern and bow light kit from wally world, sealed off with silicon. The LEDs are great! I have them in "white" in the bed of my truck. I picked green for early morning decoy setup. I figured white would be too bright. They are waterproof and just stick on. They draw very low watt/amps. I could leave them on all night and have plenty ob juice in the morning. Thinking of installing a 12 car charger type outlet for a nice spot light. Right now everything is wired to 1 battery, this will need to change. The switchbox is just a waterproof box.

Interior Wood Just a small deck/covering for the rear gas tank (with deck plate access to tank), and some grenn painted strapping along the ribs to mount stuff. Also a piece of plywood near the fron for a divider.

where did you get the LED lights. I'm thinking about getting some of those for my boat. nice idea with he rubber mat. i like that, might have to steal that idea from ya lol.

That is a sweet rig. Good work. I am a duck fellow hunter, but my boat is more of a transport boat as we rarely hunt out of it. Usually, the first 1-2 hunts of the season are in the boat. I built my own blind last year (no pics) but plan on building another one with plans I found.

KRS

Latest posts