14' V-Hull Starcraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They need to be resized most likely.

download this
https://fast-image-resizer.software.en.softonic.com/download?gclid=CPDTu-bIxKYCFYa7KgodtnQVHw

When you are done, click on my pictures on your computer. Then bring the resizer up. It will be a small window. Drag pictures from "my pictures" to the resizing window....It will resize for you, and save them back to "my pictures"....

Then you can upload them.

It's quick and easy, and a quick download.

Alright, well I got everything decked and ready to be removed and clear coated. Any suggestions on which type of clear coat to use? Take a look and let me know what ya think so far. Found a 15hp yamaha for 600. Wait till you see this motor if I get it in time, talk about a steal.

Attachments

• 103_5129.JPG
    103_5129.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 1,708
  • 103_5136.JPG
    103_5136.JPG
    257.8 KB · Views: 1,708
  • 103_5137.JPG
    103_5137.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 1,708
  • 103_5138.JPG
    103_5138.JPG
    241.5 KB · Views: 1,708
  • 103_5147.JPG
    103_5147.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 1,708
Check out this motor for $600. Guy says starts first pull with low hours. Its a 15hp Yamaha. Any input?

Attachments

• 3n73k93p85O55Q25U0b1u71c9107ef0611fb8.jpg
    3n73k93p85O55Q25U0b1u71c9107ef0611fb8.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 1,707
  • 3n53mf3l55V15Z65T5b1ua4a2e8d7c0ff113c.jpg
    3n53mf3l55V15Z65T5b1ua4a2e8d7c0ff113c.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,707
  • 3n73k63p15Y05U65P6b1u3bf2470ca5e914c0.jpg
    3n73k63p15Y05U65P6b1u3bf2470ca5e914c0.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,707
  • 3nf3o93lf5Q55T65W6b1u489ff777dea21e5f.jpg
    3nf3o93lf5Q55T65W6b1u489ff777dea21e5f.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 1,707
If it runs good, then it's a good deal. If it doesn't I wouldn't pay that much for it. But prices can vary from region to region.

The boat is looking GOOD! I like the floor/deck setup, and how it doesn't run all the way to the top

Nice looking boat man. Helmsman Spar Urethane will do the trick on your decks. Three good coats (edges will likely be getting six that way) and you'll be water tight.

LonLB said:
If it runs good, then it's a good deal. If it doesn't I wouldn't pay that much for it. But prices can vary from region to region.

The boat is looking GOOD! I like the floor/deck setup, and how it doesn't run all the way to the top

I figured I keep it seat level. A little to unstable to put up all the way for me. Thanks for the post.

You probly shouldn't buy that motor, I heard its blown..the water pump is shot..all kinds of bad stuff...
Just kidding, I just seen that same one on craigslist. If I didn't live 2 hours away I would go pick it up.

I like your floor plan. It's very simple and it seems like less is more with a small boat. I have a 14' V that I'm going to be starting on in the spring and I was thinking about doing something almost exactly like your floor plan. I am also worried about sacrificing stability but would like some sort of raised deck, sort of like what you have in that front portion.

I'm going to be keeping a very close eye on your build, and I'm waiting to hear about how stable it is and whatnot.

Keep up the good work!

.:Crosby:. said:
You probly shouldn't buy that motor, I heard its blown..the water pump is shot..all kinds of bad stuff...
Just kidding, I just seen that same one on craigslist. If I didn't live 2 hours away I would go pick it up.

LOL man you made my stomach drop. I gotta wait till the 8th to have the money up, so fingers are crossed its still there when im ready.

FishyItch said:
I like your floor plan. It's very simple and it seems like less is more with a small boat. I have a 14' V that I'm going to be starting on in the spring and I was thinking about doing something almost exactly like your floor plan. I am also worried about sacrificing stability but would like some sort of raised deck, sort of like what you have in that front portion.

I'm going to be keeping a very close eye on your build, and I'm waiting to hear about how stable it is and whatnot.

Keep up the good work!

Ill be sure to post plenty of frame pics when im done. Still gotta long way. But thanks for the interest.

Nice job on the boat. I really envy you guys in Florida, as even here the weather is cold and windy. I've got a shed full of supplies but it is too cold to work on the boat and trailer. Lots of good info on this site. I was originally planning to put my decking to the top of the boat but after reading on here, I'll do mine pretty much like you are doing.

Oldgeek said:
Nice job on the boat. I really envy you guys in Florida, as even here the weather is cold and windy. I've got a shed full of supplies but it is too cold to work on the boat and trailer. Lots of good info on this site. I was originally planning to put my decking to the top of the boat but after reading on here, I'll do mine pretty much like you are doing.

Yeah I honestly spent weeks looking at all the mods on here trying to find out as much as i could before i even started. And yes we are lucky down here when it comes to weather. I lived in Ga. for almost 4 years and even the cold there was to much for my bones. Its t-shirts and flip flops weather right now. Thanks for the post.

Ill def. post pics when i put it in the water for the first time and see and show how stable it is.

Just got done with the pole holders/storage.

Attachments

• 103_5171.JPG
    103_5171.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 869
  • 103_5175.JPG
    103_5175.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 869
  • 103_5180.JPG
    103_5180.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 869
Nice Job on the build...I have the exact same boat! Mine however, is a faded pea green and needs a new paint job as soon as the weather up north here breaks. I really like the floor plan...thats what I have come up with after looking at other mods over the past few months. I have a few questions though...1 what HP motor do you currently have on it, not the new 15hp you bought. Adding the floor and decks is a weight concern for pushing my two brothers and myself with a little 9.5 evinrude. 2. How high would you go with pedestal seats on the front are rear casting decks? I planned on getting the 11" swivel eze seat posts from walmart 3. How did you mount the front casting deck to the bow of the boat? Any help would be great as I can't wait to get mine set up for our summer up here come mid May. Keep up the good work I will be following your progress.

man i had a boat like that my grandpa bought for me when i was younger but i could never find a trailer for it (pre-craiglslist era)... now i wish i had kept it! Those are tanks and look great when modded! the rod rack is a very nice touch too.

Latest posts