Bustin' Bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Floor is in permanently, Trolling motor is mounted, and now i got an extra hole in the deck. Moving the seat back gained me 11" and fixed my t motor issue i was having.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    533.5 KB · Views: 1,543
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    556.4 KB · Views: 1,543
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    548.5 KB · Views: 1,543
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    555.8 KB · Views: 1,543
Well, I am all done for a little while. Budget is out for a few weeks. Last night i scored a new in box Eagle 640c, and tonight i picked up a 1987 evinrude 9.9. Soon to be 15. Tomorrow it is in the water for the first float, and hopefully a few fish, And I may even get some photos for the contest this month.

Bugpac said:
Well, I am all done for a little while. Budget is out for a few weeks. Last night i scored a new in box Eagle 640c, and tonight i picked up a 1987 evinrude 9.9. Soon to be 15. Tomorrow it is in the water for the first float, and hopefully a few fish, And I may even get some photos for the contest this month.

Those 640c's are great. I have one and love it. They are discontinued and I got mine new for 179.00. Have fun out there Bug.

Troutman3000 said:
Bugpac said:

Those 640c's are great. I have one and love it. They are discontinued and I got mine new for 179.00. Have fun out there Bug.

179.00 were did you score that at?

Bugpac said:
Troutman3000 said:
Bugpac said:

179.00 were did you score that at?

BPS had them on closeout last summer when they discontinued them. Ole Lanier Jim let me know about them and I picked one up. They have some cheap ones on EBAY too from what I have seen. I havnt looked recently though.

Well I managed one dink in the few hours I was out, Learned I needed to move a lot of weight rearward "Battery's" and that I need to slide the boat back 1.5' on the trailer as well as add some side boards. The 87 Evinrude 9.9 pushed the boat I believe about 7 mph, I was rather impressed with that, I figured about 5 tops. The 109 easily moves it 4-4.5 on its own. Hope to have the eagle 640 mounted by the weekend and get some gps speeds. The evinrude also has a bad prop, and is 10 pitch, I believe i will be upgrading to a 10x8.

My rig, And my buddy Jack and his daughter Logan. As you can see she was getting a bit bored on the way out.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    659.4 KB · Views: 1,415
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    630.6 KB · Views: 1,415
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    606.8 KB · Views: 1,415
Bugpac said:
Fish mark or elite? Mine is actually elite with the gps. I gave 300 for it new in box. cheapest i found was 420.00

NO gps so you got a great deal. I wish I could afford that model but I just use my Iphone for GPS.

Looks good in the water.
Scats right along with the trollling motor,still thinking off 2?
I don't think you will go any faster,do you?

I likely will need one on the rear for electric only lakes, to at least load the boat, I do believe another 109 rear would improve speed, I need to gps it and see were it truely is now.

Bugpac, where did you get the 4x8 sheet of aluminum? I need to do my floor also. If you don't mind sharing..... I think I have the same 640 minus the GPS

I love that boat. I have been seriously considering getting one since my kids are always asking to go out on my current boat. My 16 footer is just not big enough to take out the whole family. I definitely could with yours, but I don't know how much fishing I would get done (4 kids). lol. I was worried about putting a 9.9 on one that big, but I was going to use 2 motors - one for the 9.9 lakes and a larger one for bigger lakes and rivers. Could you post a video of how it runs with a 9.9 on it. Please and thank you. :LOL2:

well i have christened the new boat 2x so far, both times put a small dink in the boat. May try number 3 tonight. Got some load guides installed, loads far easier, still a pia to unload solo tho. Haven't heard a peep out of the JA i bought the fishfinder from, looks like i have to dispute paypal tomorrow.

Latest posts