15' Aluminum Meyer V Hull Conversion (Complete)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMBDave

Reaction score
Just finished this conversion last week (Completed 05-22-2011). It is a 15 foot Meyer boat, really nice boat, wide and sturdy.

This is how she started off.

IMG_0903.jpg

Front deck framing:

IMG_0967.jpg

Rear deck framing:

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

Center floor framing (Sorry this is the best pic i have of it.):

IMG_0980.jpg

very nice! thinking about getting a v hull and making it into a duck boat. how low does this sit in the waterat its deepest point. i will be using a mercury 6hp from the 70's. really want to get a first boat, (im 15 y/o) and i fish a lot, duck hunt as much as posible, and i like to go fast. any tip on the kind of boat i should look at getting? thanks 8)

waterfowler95 said:
very nice! thinking about getting a v hull and making it into a duck boat. how low does this sit in the waterat its deepest point. i will be using a mercury 6hp from the 70's. really want to get a first boat, (im 15 y/o) and i fish a lot, duck hunt as much as posible, and i like to go fast. any tip on the kind of boat i should look at getting? thanks 8)

if ur a duck hunter than i recommend u look into a jon boat, probably a 1448 or bigger would be best. If ur set on a v hull then keep this in mind "Wider is better" look for something with a 50" beam or bigger.

Thats Really nice man! I like the bow mount, I have a similar boat and I need figure out how to get a bow mount motor on it when I build the deck. Great work!

hello great looking boat.i am in the middle of doing a 16 ft loweline.how did you go about placing carpeting throughout.such as the back area for tanks.i have basically the same as yours,just didnt wanna lay carpeting over the whole are ,then cut out hatch,that piece would be wasted then.any help is grateful.thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20110811-00059.jpg
    IMG-20110811-00059.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 38,574
larryg said:
hello great looking boat.i am in the middle of doing a 16 ft loweline.how did you go about placing carpeting throughout.such as the back area for tanks.i have basically the same as yours,just didnt wanna lay carpeting over the whole are ,then cut out hatch,that piece would be wasted then.any help is grateful.thanks

Carpet all the panels separately before installing them.

nice boat i have the same 15'v hull do you have any more pics of the trolling motor install i am looking to put a bow mount on my boat. Thanks Chad

No unfortunately i dont, i built this boat for a friend. Here's the link to my latest build, it has some better pics of a bow mount, check it out https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22025

What kind of paint did you use for the bottom? Where did you buy it? Did you spray it on or roll and brush? I have a 14 ft Arkansas Traveler I want to paint!

Latest posts