Best interior coating

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamper-AR

Reaction score
I have read and researched so much I forgot about half of it. I have a 90's duracraft all aluminum with carpet inside that I don't like. What would be my best choice for coating? I am leaning toward a rubber type but don't want it to not stick and have to remove it. I want to be able to get it dirty and muddy and just rinse out. I would kind of like to do it myself. What should I look at?

If your worried about heat, carpet is the best way, if you want durability, with ease of application roll on Grizzly Grip, If you want a tedious install and yrs of service with a smooth finish, vinyl it. I found my best solution was grizzly grip.

file.php

Bugpac said:
If your worried about heat, carpet is the best way, if you want durability, with ease of application roll on Grizzly Grip, If you want a tedious install and yrs of service with a smooth finish, vinyl it. I found my best solution was grizzly grip.

file.php
That stuff looks perfect. Have you had it on long and how is it holding up? I did some research and there seems to be several similar products. Anyone else have advice?

My last boat had carpet. It was nice when I wanted to go barefoot, or when the wife came with me. As far as keeping clean and looking nice, it was the suck. I'm rebuilding a boat now, and it'll have Grizzly Grip in it.

Next boat in my stable will have Grizzly Grip (or equivalent) in it for sure. Learned my lesson with carpet this time.

If you'll do a good job of prepwork, the Grizzly Grip is about as good as it gets for ease of install, durability, traction and good looks. The coarse Grizzly Grip is finer than most of the other offerings out there.

Check out seadek.com I ordered some samples of this stuff and am planning on using it on my next project. It comes in all sorts of colors and the adhesive on the back is legit. It comes in different thicknesses too.

Latest posts