Tracker Tournament TX Rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some changes in mind for the front deck. I liked the long front deck, but didn't like the rod set up and want a recessed trolling motor pan.

I think you will like those changes. I have a low profile foot pedal for my tm so I don't have a recessed tray. But I'm thinking about a new tm so I'm also rethinking my front deck. I will have to completely redo it for the recessed tray.

I made a fiberglass tray to put in a couple boats. They worked great. I use a hand control TM, but if I had a foot control, I'd be making another tray.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337671#p337671 said:
Bobsbaits » 02 Jan 2014, 00:48[/url]"]Thanks, I might try that. I spent some time looking it over and was thinking I could cut down the neck and put a 90 degree radiator hose on top. If the cut down neck and hose is 1/2" shorter than the current long neck, if should work out ok. If not, I will hunt a plastic shop.

Don't use a typical radiator hose because they're not fuel and even worse ethanol resistant. You'll wind up with pieces of rubber in your fuel system. Also your fuel line from the tank to your engine should be the new ethanol resistant type. I had to replace the fuel line and filler hose on my 2001 Ranger Bass boat I use to own. The ethanol had started eating up the fuel line from the tank to the engine on the inside. When you cut it in half the inside liner just flaked and fell out. I had to have my 225 Merc EFI system cleaned out and filters replaced because of this crap. I was lucky that it didn't ruin the fuel pump or injectors.

Been a little while since I posted, but I've been working away. I finished getting the back end together and started putting some carpet on. Except for some hatch lids, I finished carpeting the back. I also have the foam in and am ready to put the floor in. Unfortunately I don't have the aluminum yet for the floor and front deck but I should be getting it tomorrow. My boat used to have folding drink holders which were knowck off everytime I stood up so I fabricated a drink holder out of aluminum to be mounted on the floor right in front of the livewell.

Attachments

• IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 871
  • carpet deck.jpg
    carpet deck.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 871
  • cupholder1.jpg
    cupholder1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 871
I really like what you have done so far. I very interested in how you add the storage and modify your front casting deck. I want to bring the deck back to the console. I also have a 83 TX175 that I'm restoring. I removed the original livewell and installed a 37 gallon plastic tank. It is snowing today but I will try an post you a couple of picks this weekend.

I'm running a Fishing Show this weekend for the Firehouse so I wouldn't get anything done, but I'll be back on it next weekend. I would be interested to see how your planning that as well. My main idea is to make a normal rod box and larger front deck compartment so I can organize my tackle and move both trolling motor batteries to the front to help balance the weight a little.

very nice build.Are you going electric only? or are you putting a outboard back on it? reason i ask is i have a 90 model tx17 and my set up is electric only. i had to move all batteries to the rear of my boat. reason is with no outboard all the weight was up front and the bow would sit really low with me up front fishing. i still have to fill livewell completely full to keep nose up enough to level out the boat while im fishing etc.

I am putting the 70hp jet back on, but plan to move my batteries to the front since I have the opposite problem you describe

Had the show last weekend so I didn't get much done, but I did get the 1/8" aluminum floor in and carpeted. Also carpeted the sides and will install those next. Hope to get a work day in soon and make some headway.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 775
Really Nice Project!!!!!!.......I have an 82 BassTracker 2 I picked up for $1000 and am looking at doing something similar......What about a cost estimate to this point......I know the point is saving an old boat and anyone that plans one of these may never get their money out of it, but I just wondered where you were on it.......Thanks!!!! =D>

First time seeing the build. Looking great.

I saved all my receipts in a bag, to be honest I was a little afraid of adding them all up till I was done for fear it might stop me from doing something I wanted :D Although I could have probably done some things cheaper I had to decide whether I should buy a new boat or fix the old one. Knowing it was worth almost nothing based on the transom and leaks with soaked foam and after looking at the builds on here and knowing what I wanted and the fact I really like the boat I decided to bite the bullet and go for the build. At some point I will add it up and post. I will tell you if you plan ahead, shop ebay, fishing shows and online sales you can save a lot of money. If you buy things when you need it, you will almost always pay a premium. As much as I like to shop local, it would be hard to buy a lot of the parts you need from a local boat dealer and get good deals.

As for the drink holders, these will be harder to break and spill the beverage of choice. It seemed I knocked the originals off every time I got up.

Thanks, I can't wait to start on mine...I appreciate the tips and when I get into it I will have some more questions......I hope mine turns out as good as yours.....I have already lined up a friend that can weld aluminum......lol

got a some work done this weekend. Working on getting the sides installed and the console base ready. Went ahead and attached a speaker and fuse box before I installed so I didn't have to stoop so much. Had a friend cut and bend the long rod box lid I had a little shorter so there is still some leg room for the passenger. Started the rod box framing, but didn't get it finished.

Attachments

• 100_2278.JPG
    100_2278.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 670
  • 100_2283.JPG
    100_2283.JPG
  • 100_2284.JPG
    100_2284.JPG
  • 100_2282.JPG
    100_2282.JPG
  • 100_2279.JPG
    100_2279.JPG
  • 100_2280.JPG
    100_2280.JPG
  • 100_2281.JPG
    100_2281.JPG
Spent most of the weekend working on the rod box. I thought this was going to be a lot easier, but all the measuring, cutting riveting takes some time. I was looking for golf tubes for the rod tips, but couldn't find any big enough for the spinning rod eyelets to go thru. Would probably be fine if the rod box was longer, but I wanted to passenger to have some leg room. I bought a piece of Starboard off of ebay to use for the tubes and the rod butts. Cut real nice, almost like working with wood without the splinters. For the rods I finally settled on 2" PVC, was an easy call because it is big enough and I had the tubes left over from the original. Since I had originally planned on more rods and because I bought a couple golf tubes to test out, I went ahead and cut them in around the bigger tubes. I figured this would give me more rods and I can put shorter baitcasters in these. Didn't quite get the rod box done, but I got it in and mostly done. I started putting the carpet in and need some couplers to put the PVC tubes in. I also added a battery tray as I plan to move the 2 trolling motor batteris to the front. I read alot about the batteries bouncing more up front so I put a ratchet strap in to hold them down. I also added a fuel water separator in the back.

Attachments

• 100_2293.JPG
    100_2293.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 622
  • 100_2292.JPG
    100_2292.JPG
  • 100_2291.JPG
    100_2291.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 622
  • 100_2290.JPG
    100_2290.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 622
  • 100_2289.JPG
    100_2289.JPG
  • 100_2288.JPG
    100_2288.JPG
  • 100_2287.JPG
    100_2287.JPG
  • 100_2286.JPG
    100_2286.JPG
  • 100_2285.JPG
    100_2285.JPG
Did some work over the weekend and figured I would catch up the pictures here. Finished the rod box, except for the lid. The starboard worked real nice. I also framed out the front battery compartment and cooler area. Lot's of time spent, but it doesn't look like a lot done for all the time. I also cut out the front deck and added a recessed foot pedal tray. I really like how these work. I took the old wiring harness and cleaned it up. There were wires cut off in the middle and there was old trolling motor wires that were too thin for anything other than 12 volt. After I cleaned it up I rewrapped it and ran it threw the boat. I see I screwed up and should have ran the harness before I attached the driver side panel, whoops. Now I'll have to figure a clean way to cover the harness. Next weekend I hope to cut the top over the battery area and do some wiring. Before I put the front panel back on, I added some pour foam in to replace what I took out.

Attachments

• feb1.jpg
    feb1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 572
  • feb2.jpg
    feb2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 572
  • feb3.jpg
    feb3.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 572
  • feb5.jpg
    feb5.jpg