Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my bass boat is a 1999 Stratos 273 with a 150 Evinrude DFI.
100_3193.jpg

my pond boat is a 12' Sprint jon boat.
100_3495.jpg

1995 F&F all welded jon boat with a 1995 Yamaha jet drive outboard. Brought her home in June 2007 for $1500. Probably never will find a better deal then that in my lifetime. :D

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,277
  • floor.jpg
    floor.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,275
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,278
How well does that jet push you? I have been looking into a jet for the Etowah below the little spillover dam, and above the main lake. It is a pretty rough river, so most guys that run it ('specially the lower end) put the UHMW plastic on the bottom of the hull, and exceed the max hp to get out of the hole quicker.

What kind of hole shot you have with that?

Hi all, I am new to the site. Here are a few pics of the boat I reciently finished building from scratch. It is 24' long and 102" wide (the widest I can legally haul down the road). I have a Suzuki DT140 hanging on it. the sub floor is completely sealed from underneath so that nothing can get under it (Fish oil in particullar. I built the boat to use commercial fishing.) The sides, floor, and deck are 1/8" aluminum and the bottom is 3/16". the deck is also sealed and drains off to the side so that any water that comes in while pulling nets will go back out rather than stay in the boat.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

I am working on getting my pics to load. In the mean time, they can be seen at https://www.SparksCustomBoats.com

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,228
Here are a few others, I am limited by alot of the picture's file size

Attachments

• plate2.jpg
    plate2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,263
  • day5_3.jpg
    day5_3.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,261
  • Day3_1.jpg
    Day3_1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,265
Nice. What welding machine are you using? Looks to be some sort of Lincoln MIG with a spool gun.

I take it that you build these to sell, from that website? You do it full time, or part time?

Thank you. Yes, it is a Lincoln 175HD with a spool gun. Lincoln says that you cannot run a spool gun on this machine, but you can with minor modification. I built this one for my own personal use but would like to be building them as a side job. In March I am ordering aluminum to build an 18' with a 60" floor to sell. More to test the market a bit and to get another boat out there with my name on it.

Brad

sparkbr said:
Thank you. Yes, it is a Lincoln 175HD with a spool gun. Lincoln says that you cannot run a spool gun on this machine, but you can with minor modification. I built this one for my own personal use but would like to be building them as a side job. In March I am ordering aluminum to build an 18' with a 60" floor to sell. More to test the market a bit and to get another boat out there with my name on it.

Brad
That is the same machine we have here. Currently, we only have the aluminum wire feed accessories, but a spool gun is coming shortly, as I would much prefer that. I have aspirations to build this before I graduate (I am 15 now). I have been giving some serious thought to modifying the plan to allow for a motor setback bracket, and full height transom, and possibly thinking about changing the deadrise from 12 degrees to 16.
https://glen-l.com/designs/hankinson/slither-snakeshtr.html
https://www.boatdesigns.com/products.asp?dept=878

I too would love to build alloy boats for a living, after I graduate. Really just not sure there is a market for aluminum plate boats, or thick skinned tinnies down here, as people are still hung up on glass. Good luck on starting a side job there. Keep us posted, I am surely going to follow your builds.

bassboy1 said:
How well does that jet push you? I have been looking into a jet for the Etowah below the little spillover dam, and above the main lake. It is a pretty rough river, so most guys that run it ('specially the lower end) put the UHMW plastic on the bottom of the hull, and exceed the max hp to get out of the hole quicker.

What kind of hole shot you have with that?

It get's up and on plane pretty fast. Just have to make sure I don't have too much weight in the back and that I keep the impeller shimmed and sharpened good.

My buddy has a boat a lot like mine and his boat wouldn't plane for heck. He checked his impeller and it was shot and needed replaced. After he got a new one installed, the boat runs like a scalded mule and jumps up and hit's plane great now.

I've seen some of the bigger jet rigs with the 200+ horsepower engines that seem like they are on plane instantly. Those type of boats are freaking awesome, but I doubt I ever get one. A 17-18 footer with a 90/65 would probably be more suitable for most of my fishing. Those big motors are heavy as heck.

Latest posts