1994 alumacraft 1436 deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clumzy_31

Reaction score
I just purchased a alumacraft jon boat for 1250. it came with a 15hp mariner. now im working on a deck for it. i searched around the website and found that member PBW did one on a 1436 a while ago. well i liked his idea so i kind almost copied it. but i wanted to use the bench seat in the middle as a stoarge for 2 batteries. has anyone ever tried this? i know that the bench seats are what holds the foam for the boat to float. you guys think that if i were to take out the foam and moved it up front under the deck im building would make a difference? i will post pictures soon. i'm almost done with my frame for the deck. thnaks

welcome aboard,
Alot of guys have done cutouts of the middle benches and used them for storage. I would say as long as your boat isn't over powered w/ a gas motor you would probably be fine, but if you start taking water for some reason your going to sink pretty quick without the foam in her. I think its a great idea for electric only boats where there just isn't any wear and tear on the boat. If one was ever to put a say 9.9 its probably going to flex which will lead to leaks especially in rough water but also ive never done one myself so i say Go For It! :D

Just remove part of the foam where the bateries will be and leave the rest. You should be fine.

You can take it out.. I did it in mine and didn't put it back in anywhere. Didn't make any difference in my boat. The only thing I did do was rivet some brackets across the bench that kept the batteries in place to keep them from sliding.

well thanx for the opinion. i decided to take the foam out and im finally done. i will post pictures tomorrow after i get back from taking it out. i no this is crazy but i threw on the only trolling motor i had. a 36volt 101 minnkota. i going to see if the platform is strong enough to hold it. i did what russ010 did. i just want to say one thing though. thanks to everyone on this website for there great jobs done that gave me ideas or thoughts on how to do the deck on my jon boat. if it wasnt for this website and the members, i couldnt have done it with my own mind. thanks again all and i will post pictures tomorrow when i get back.

sorry, i took some bad pictures. im not a good carpenter either so everything doesn't look as neat or good as others have done. i tried my best and im satisfied of what i did. thanks all

IMG_3991.JPG
IMG_3999.JPG
IMG_4057.JPG
IMG_4058.JPG
IMG_4060.JPG
IMG_4060.JPG

So how did she move with the 101 motor on it? Thats 2x what I have and my boat moves pretty good.

Latest posts