70s Mirrocraft 14 Deep-V fisherman

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostsole

Reaction score
Last weekend I picked up a, what Mirrocraft is telling me, an early 70s 14ft. I have been on the phone with them many times trying to locate the HID and have searched everywhere but still can't find it. There is also no evidence of it being removed. I did find the Mirrocraft plate with a serial number. Mirrocraft is telling me this is the model number but it doesn't match anything in there catalog they sent me.

I picked it up for $50 dollars and really want to get it titled and registered in my name, but figured I could still make out in the aluminum recycling.

The boat came with no title and even worse is not finding the HID but it was registered for a few years after it was made so I am hopping this will help. I just wish DNR was more helpful in the process. The did send some forms but they won't disclose the HID associated with the old registration, so I can complete them.

I am taking a HF 40x48 and extending the tongue and addicting bunk boards to keep the cost down. I will pickup an inexpensive boat trailer when I run across one.

Once the title registration issue is resolve I am looking to add a late 60s early 70s motor. But in the meantime I have a use for it on a local lake with paddles. DNR told me this was legal, I just would technically own it.

I will work on it time permitting sanding the outside and painting it 2-tone and replacing the transom wood. I am looking at other builds for ideas on a live well and storage Also.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

here she is coming home.

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).JPG
    photo 1 (1).JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,068
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,068
I attached the 1970 catalog if anyone needs it.

Attachments

• 1970 Catalog.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 151

Latest posts