Biodegradable 2-stroke oil

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronbedard57

Reaction score
Hello all,
i ran with biodegradable 2-stroke oil in my 40hp '62 Johnson this year. Pretty crummy weekend weather, so I couldn't form much of an opinion. I really want this to work, as I'm conscious of the impact I'm having on the air and water. I figure I'm scoring a few points for running an antique motor on an antique aluminum boat rather than buying a new plastic boat with a new motor. "Use it up, wear it out etc."
Anyone care to share thoughts and experience? Is there a variance from recommended mix ratios?
Thanks
Ron

Do you have a link to this oil? I am curious.

Having your engine running right, not too rich, and burning the fuel properly would be most helpful to the environment, regardless of what oil you are using.

If you have to add more of the eco-oil, you might be defeating the intended purpose.

Just because it's labeled as bio degradable doesn't say how LONG it will float around your lake before it breaks down. Even crude oil breaks down eventually, so that's kind of a catch.

Hi,
The motor is always tuned pretty well, and I didn't really see any change in performance when I changed from the Wally-world stuff. Like I said though, the boat wasn't on the water very often this year. She's sleeping now, so I guess I'll learn more next season.
Thanks